“Great for the business traveler!”

SpringHill Suites Wichita East at Plazzio
Ranked #36 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great for the business traveler!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I always enjoy this hotel-spacious, clean room in a newer property. As a Marriott Platinum Elite, I stay in alot of Marriott properties. I appreciate the efficiency here-easy in-easy out. Close to the highways and some great restaurants about a mile away.

Staff is very good and always recognizes me and knows which rooms I like.

The workout room isn't spacious, but the equipment is solid and well maintained.

I have never had a bad stay here! Always look forward to staying here. Much better than the full service Marriott on this side of town-and the price makes it an excellent value, as well!

Room Tip: I usually stay on the first floor-occasionally hear a group down the hall in the bar, but the bar cl...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the worst experiences I have had in years. Upon arrival everything looked good, but once I made it to my room it all went down hill. The window has serious issues allowing a screaming/whistling noise to fill the room, along with all the road noise. There also appeared to be blood stains on the carpet. I went to the front desk and no rooms were available and no assistance was provided. When I returned to my room the key no longer worked.

Due the noise that could not be overcome by the HVAC system or TV, I slept maybe an hour. Finally to end this story, they locked all exterior doors at night and I was locked outside of the main front door in 15 degree weather for 20 minutes while buzzing and calling the front desk because of another key failure.

In short, the room was small,dirty/bloody, the windows made terrible noises, and the staff appeared more interested in socializing with one another than servicing their customers.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank BigDaddy083
Goessel, ks
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I travel for work and normally stay next door at the Residence Inn, which I absolutely love, but this time it was for a family wedding so I had my husband and three teenage boys with me so we needed more space. We booked a double with a sleeper couch and even thought the room was tight/small because of us, we fit quite well. The boys were thrilled at the "cool-ness" of the room - they are really decorated nicely. Breakfast was outstanding and I was so thrilled to see Richard from next door when I walked in! Marriott, I really hope you appreciate this man because he is a GEM to your guests - road-weary work travelers and parents of rowdy teenagers as well!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was my first stay at a Springhill Suites for a business trip. The rooms are smartly designed and give the feeling of a junior suite. I especially liked the walk-in shower, although the broken seal at the bottom of the door leaked water onto the floor. The big problem is that the walls are paper thin and you'll hear the loud salesman on the phone and/or the unhappy baby in the adjoining rooms. The lobby decor may have been an attempt at hip and trendy, but it comes across as cheap and plastic, to the point that clients picking me up said, "You're staying here?" They need to offer some fresh fruit at breakfast in addition to the comfort food like biscuits and gravy. After breakfast, they have a friendly bar but no food, and the only choice within walking distance on a cold night was a dreary sports bar. Overall, I'll be back at the Hampton Inn on my next trip.

Room Tip: Bring your earplugs.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank strangersblog
kansas
Reviewed October 31, 2012

After spending all day at a local hospital with a friend, I checked in late (10:30 pm) and was greeted by a really nice lady (Ally, I think was her name) who was very helpful. The lobby is very hip and modern looking. I had a king room on the 4th floor, which was modern, clean and quiet. Breakfast the next morning was served in the lobby. Nothing unusual, just the standard oatmeal, muffins and such. This is the second time I have stayed here and it has been a good experience both times. I will choose this hotel, again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Kansas City
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed one night in a King with our two kids and was impressed with the overall value. We were able to check in early (10:00 AM) and the staff was very accomodating. We requested a crib (pack n play) and was provided one on request.

The room itself was very comfortable and clean. The room includes a mini-fridge, sink, and fridge which was very handy with two little kids. The bathroom was spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable for a hotel bed. There are reading lights and an I-Home which I thought added a nice touch. I saw previous complaints about thin walls/excessive noise but did not notice that whatsoever. Temperature of the room was very easy to control.

There is a bar (we did not use) and a small, but very clean indoor pool which provided a good hours worth of entertainment to our two kids. There is an exercise room which looked to be a standard hotel fitness center. The hotel has 4 floors but one thing I noticed is thqat the elevators are very fast.

The breakfast buffet was standard, maybe a notch above. The fruit was very fresh and they had sausage, bacon, omelets, oatmeal, cereal, waffles, and muffins. Coffee was good but OJ was not (it tasted like half OJ/half water). One thing I liked about the breakfast area is that they stocked the fridge with milk and yogurt and this was left open to the guests 24 hours. Again, very handy and convenient for those with little kids!

If we you are looking for a safe, comfortable, clean, place to stay in Wichita, this is it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Austin, TX
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is your standard SpringHill Suites, which is a good thing because I love Springhill Suites. The room is modern and spacious, and the breakfast buffet has a good selection of coffee, juices, meats, eggs, breads, and pastries.

I got a popped tire and a worker from the hotel came outside and reinflated my tire. Now that is service. They also let me get checked out late while servicing my vehicle.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family