“Solid Business Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 86 Hotels in Wichita
Denver, CO
“Solid Business Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

The hotel is located on the East side of town about 15 minutes from downtown and 25 minutes from the airport. It shares a parking lot with a bowling alley/kids fun center and a movie theatre - if that's your thing. The lobby is spacious and features multiple HD TVs and a small bar. The pool is indoor and tiny and they don't have a hot tub. In the morning, their breakfast was a typical business hotel breakfast - but did feature biscuits and gravy!!! (Huge bonus points from me)

As for the rooms, they are wonderfully large and has ample work space, sitting space (on a kinda comfortable couch), and closet space. The bathrooms are the typical SpringHill layout, however the showers seem kinda old. The waterflow wasn't exactly explosive and moving the shower head required some forearm strength! The room had flatscreen TVs with tons of channels - however some of them were choppy.

Overall, this is a solid business destination with reasonable prices, slighly above average amenties and location, and a nice staff. You won't regret staying here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Kearney, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

Amanda is the greatest, always knows who I am when I come in.

Evening front desk staff, Trish and Allie are best I have meet.

Upper management seems to have made some bad decisions without opinion poles of regular customers, beverage selection, music needs and no HDTV in commons.

Warren, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Trish, Jen and Kallie at the front desk were awsome for helping finding things to do and places to eat...Talia, general manager was very helpful also, and very pleasant!!!

Westminster, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

This hotel is the best hotel in KS! Tricia at the front desk greets me with a smile everytime I walk in the door, she even knows my name. Amanda at the bar always has a beer ready for me and they are both incredibly friendly!

Ft. Worth, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

The only good thing I can say about this hotel was the staff was very friendly. This has to be noisest hotel for a Marriott that I have ever stayed at. We stayed here for over a week and they rented rooms to huge groups of children several differant nights. All night we heard loud talking running slamming doors. I am a preferred customer and travel several times a year to Wichita and I can say I will never stay here again! I let our corporate office know. Several mornings we went down for breakfast and had to deal with so many kids no where to sit and cold food. The pool is very small and cold and the floors around the pool were so dirty hair was stuck to the floor. Everyday we had to re activate our key after going up to our room we would have to go back downstairs and get a new key. Pretty much a disapointment

Room Tip: unless you can sleep with lots of noise and deal with lots of teenage kids stay away.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brad D
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

I Stayed at Springhill Suites for 2 weeks on business. The hotel staff was friendly and the rooms big, with mocrowave and ref. Big flat screen TV, All the comforts of home. The free breakfast buffet is excellent, the best breakfast that I have had at any any hotel that I have travel for business or pleasure. A nice variety in the hot food selection and the cold foods. Real home cook type of foods. The guy that prepares the food and sets up the buffet is so nice and helpful. I highly recommend the SpringHill Suites in Wichita. I will be traveling back to Wichita for business in a few weeks and I will be staying at the Springhill Suites.

Room Tip: If you have kids who will want to be in the indoor pool stay on the first floor. I stayed on the fir...
New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

I have to travel a lot for work and stay in many marriotts around the US. I am often astounded by how much I begin to miss the comforts of home. The first thing I noticed was the front desk staff were so kind but not overbearing. They let me know in what felt very genuine, about the breakfast (amazing and included) the bar (very nice bar tender was actually at the front desk before the bar opened giving another guest her personal favorites in the neighborhood) the fitness center (small but adequate) the pool, local restaurants that deliver etc.. Also at the desk greeting guests was the hotel manager who actually brought beautiful lillies from his home that added a very modern, yet welcoming feel to the place, in addition to a great big bowl of chuppa chip lolly pops. I felt safe, and that this team of people were there to help me have a great stay. I never realized it before, but it does matter to have that type of service.

The lobby, like other Marriotts has the open design thats supposed to encourage a social atmosphere. Unlike other Marriotts, people were actually utilizing the space. Normally, I hate this. I'm traveling for work and really just want to be in and out. HOWEVER, in this place I actually went downstairs and purchased a drink and found myself saying "hi" to the staff as I was entering and exiting the building. it was really nice.

Onto the room. Clean, like eat off of the floor clean. I accidentally got eye makeup on the counter and when I came back, it was obvious that the room was cleaned, not just glazed over. There's no weird odors or humidity and the thermostat seems to be accurate. In addition, the room has a microwave, coffe pot and a fridge. I get sick of eating out. In the future, if I find myself here, I am happy and comfortable enough in the hotel that I might even consider bringing at least somethings to fix for myself. theres a great lounge and work area thats separated from the sleeping area by this really great transparent window. The great thing about it is that I can work not lounging on a bed, but maybe the sofa etc.. It helps keep me vibrant when I need to complete projects late at night.

Unfortunately I dont find myself in Kansas often, but if I do come back here, for the first time I would be loyal to this particular hotel. There's no where else to stay for me.