“STILL VERY NICE PLACE! BEST VALUE IN WICHITA!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wichita Suites

Wichita Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5211 E Kellogg Dr, Wichita, KS 67218-1626   |
Ranked #37 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Olathe, Kansas (Kansas City)
“STILL VERY NICE PLACE! BEST VALUE IN WICHITA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Stayed here last weekend, very, very clean, large rooms, great value, loved the free cocktails, very quiet. I don't understand the complaints about smoking smell, other than people standing out front smoking as you enter, that is annoying and I wish they'd prohibit that. Otherwise a great experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

There must be a huge shortage if hotel rooms in Wichita ! $85 a night for a smelly old fleabag like this place? The entire place reeks.of smoke, broken tile in the bathroom, and 80's decor are just the highlights! Be desperate before you choose this place. ( bar next door was cool)

• Stayed July 2011
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

We absolutely love to stay at this motel - perfect for traveling on business. You get a large lovely suite with complete kitchenette for under $100 plus tax. Breakfast is free with your stay, as are 3 drinks per adult during happy hour in the evening. Staff has been wonderful to work with. Our only complaint is the smoking policy; even non-smoking rooms are on smoking floors. Sadly, the smoke was so bad during our last visit, we had to stuff a towel at the bottom of the door to keep the smoke monster out. Unless there policy changes we will be looking for a new motel in Wichita.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

I live down the street from this hotel and had always wanted to check it out. I did last weekend for a writer's weekend--basically locking myself in the room for two days working on a writing project. The hotel was quiet, the breakfast was very good, and the drinks were strong at happy hour. For the price I paid ($60 a night on Expedia) I got a studio suite with kitchen, full breakfast, and free happy hour drinks! You can't beat that. The furniture in the room is a little outdated, but my room was clean. I'll be there again...

• Liked — large room and breakfast
  • Disliked — the bartender
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

After traveling through 100 miles of severe storms in Kansas with my senior citizen mother and my five-year-old son, I was very glad to arrive at this hotel. I doubt I would stay here again, however.

First, the negatives. I normally don't mind a "dated" look, but this was a little too dated for me. The hotel and the furnishings are late-70s/early-80s style, and are really showing their age. The coffee table especially was scratched, scuffed and scarred through many years of use. The couch in the living room (just a couch, note, NOT a sofabed) had some stains. The carpet around the bedroom window was wet (though, given the storms passing through Wichita, this could have been a recent occurrence). The wiring in the lighting above the beds was odd... my mom's light turned off mine, but mine didn't turn off hers (and wouldn't stay on if hers was off). Worst of all, there was a pervasive sweaty/moldy smell in the room which was impossible to ignore.

On the positive side, the suite was very large--with a separate bedroom and living room--and the bathroom (though very plain with white tile and sink) was fresh and clean. There were double sinks in the bathroom, and a full kitchen. The helpful front desk clerk provided an extra full set of sheets and a pillow, and I was able to make up the bed in the living room for my son. It was very quiet all night (except for the sounds of wind, rain and thunder outside), and the full breakfast bar the next morning was very nice.

I think I would be willing to recommend this place, were it not for the sweaty smell. Others might be put off by the older furniture and decorations, but the pervasive smell was the only deal-breaker for me.

• Liked — The size of the suite, the clean bathroom, and the front desk assistance.
  • Disliked — The pervasive smell.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Searcy, AR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

I had to visit Wichita recently and chose to stay at the Wichita Suites Hotel. When I called to make the reservation, the staff was very courteous and accommodating. We arrived in Wichita at three a.m. the morning of our reservation. My brother was in MICU at St. Francis Hosp. My family and I stayed at the hosp. until noon on Saturday to be near my brother. At eleven that morning, I called to ask if we could check in early because we were very tired. We wanted to take a shower and short nap before returning to the hosp. The lady I spoke to said our room was ready and that we could check in at any time. I was so pleased that they were able to accommodate us. We arrived at the hotel around 1:00--two hours later--and were told by the young man at the desk that we could do our paperwork for check in but our room would not be ready until 2:30 or 3:00. After explaining that I had been told differently, he continued to tell me that I could not go to my room. This went on for several minutes even after I told him who I had spoken to, and he had confirmed that she was the asst. manager. He still continued to state that we could not do anything more than our paperwork at that time. I asked to speak to the asst. manager. When she arrived, she defended the clerk and said she had not told him we would be checking in and that he had done nothing wrong. She did not want to hear anything I had to say. She did provide us with a room at that time but for the rest of our stay both she and the desk clerk were very rude and hateful when we spoke to them. As for the room--we had a two room suite which was adequate in size but there was plenty of room for improvements. The sofa and carpet were stained, and the outside of the tub and the vanity were dirty. Needless to say, we will never stay at this hotel again and would not have on that day either if circumstances had been different.

• Disliked — The rude staff.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank kwar9802
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2008

We had a fun time at this hotel, hope to stay there again. Friendly people at the desk, the manager is super, very friendly.
Great happy hour in the evening and nice breakfast buffet in the mornings. I will say the wireless for personal computers does need help, dial-up is toooo slow. Other than that I recommend this place.

Stayed February 2008