“Long term stay with family”

The Inn at Tallgrass
Ranked #22 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Wichita
“Long term stay with family”
Reviewed February 23, 2007

I stayed at the Inn at Tallgrass for 7 months with my wife and three children while our house was being repaired due to a tragedy. I could not have picked a better place to stay. The front desk employees were the nicest people. Jan, who sets up breakfast during the week and her daughter Danette who runs the happy hour are wonderful. We got to know the housekeepers. They went overboard to help us out in our time of need and made us and our dog feel very welcome. It was a blessing to have this home away from home. Thank you.

Stayed February 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New Boston, TX
Reviewed May 12, 2006

I had booked with this hotel due to the amenities and within walking distance from where I was doing business. The night I came in I was told they overbooked and were sending me to another hotel. When I complained about having a room guaranteed by a credit card I was told I should be happy they were picking up the charges. This should not have happened and I was told by another traveler who called to check if they indeed were sold out and was told there were rooms available.
The hotel I was sent to was not comparable, although I was told it was. There was no swimming pool, hot tub, refrigerator or microwave. The Inn at TallGrass was within walking distance of where I was doing business and the one they sent me to was to far away to walk. Needless to say I am not happy. I hope anyone will reconsider staying here after reading this.
Carolyn
New Boston, TX

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank cgw1018
Palos Verdes, CA
Reviewed April 13, 2006

We recently stayed in this hotel while in town to visit family. We had a large suite with 2 separate bedrooms and baths. One bedroom had a patio. There was a living room with fireplace and pull out sofa. The beds were excellent. The pull-out was okay, but not much support or comfort. There was a small full kitchen with all the comforts of home. This is an ideal set-up for family travel. Everone is together, but with some privacy available. The living area was great! We were able to host get togethers with our family in an intimate and quiet setting. The service was exceptional and very friendly. The comp breakfast was good; besides the standard cereal and muffins, there wwas a hot dish, yogurt, and fresh fruit. My brother used the country club and enjoyed hitting a bucket of balls. He was disappointed that our schedule didn't allow enough time for a round of golf, becasue the course looked good. We had dinner at the club too. Very nice we could just walk over. The food was very good, the prices were reasonable, and the service was great too!
HIghly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank SunnyMom
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 15, 2005

Terrific place, especially if you're here on business or for several days or more. I checked in after fleeing a downtown hotel which was awful but which charged more than this place. Inn has wireless in the rooms; big rooms (even the studios are twice as big as a normal hotel); microwaves and fridges and coffee makers in each room; free newspapers and continental breakfast, plus free happy hour each evening in the lobby. There's a nice pool and hot tub, and you get free passes to a top-notch health club down the street. It's a few miles out of downtown but is well-located next to a nice mall and a big grocery store so you don't have to eat out for every meal. Best part: a great restaurant across the street called YiaYia bistro.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 10, 2004

Nice place to stay. The service is great. They are very helpful and always great to deal with.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member