The Inn at Tallgrass
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewshealth clubfull kitchenlong term stayfree passhospitality hourthe banana breadnice apartmentcocktail hourworry freecomplimentary happy hourmidwestern hospitalitystudio roombottle openerget togethersquiet staygreat place to stayshopping and dining
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We went to Wichita for a volleyball exhibition match. The Inn was spacious and comfortable, the staff was helpful, and the location was great. This April was a bit too chilly to sit on our patio, but the suite was well-supplied with everything we might need to enjoy being in. It managed to be quiet, but you could walk to shops and restaurants nearby. Couldn't have been happier with a hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jeanne k
tiatcorp, General Manager at The Inn at Tallgrass, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thanks for the nice comments Jeanne! We enjoyed having you as our guests and look forward to your return to Wichita and The Inn at Tallgrass.

Scott

Reviewed February 7, 2013

If your reading this to check out The Inn at Tallgrass, trust me, look no further! I live in CA and my twins attend Wichita State. When I first went to Wichita in August to help the girls get set up in their dorm I stayed at another hotel. I sure wish I had known about Tallgrass then. In October I had to go back to Wichita to help my daughter recover from surgery and stayed at Tallgrass since it was close to the school and to the facility where she had surgery. The place was absolutely gorgeous. When I checked in I was impressed with the area around the hotel, including the beautiful golf course. Everything was nicely manicured and super clean. The room was HUGE! There was a full kitchen, dressing area off the master suite and sliding door off the living room to an outside patio. The room was extremely clean and well decorated with modern furnishings. The front desk staff was more than accomodating in ensuring I had a first floor room and even asked if I needed anything else. When I brought my daughter to the hotel after surgery, one of the employees saw me struggling to get her out of the car and ran over, picked her up and carried her into the room for me. At first I was shocked, then I was grateful and I have since realized this is just how the employees at Tallgrass treat their guests. Everyday the maid would lightly tap on the door and ask me if my daughter needed anything. She also brought me extra blankets, towels and pillows and said, "just keep them in the room in case your daughter needs them." I had to extend my stay and went to to the front desk to inquire. They did not have any vacancies at the Inn but quickly arranged one of their corporate apartments for us to stay in for the remainder of the trip. And once again, I was amazed when a wonderful young man showed up at the door asking me if he could help load our things into the car. He then carried my daughter to the car, escorted us to the apartment and helped me unpack the car. And then refused a tip!!?? The staff at Tallgrass made a bad situation so much better.
I have since gone to visit and stayed at Tallgrass 2 more times and my experience was just as wonderful. I would not consider staying at any other place in Wichita. Everyone from Scott at the front desk,to the daily houskeepers, and the hotel maintenance men were kind, friendly and amazingly helpful. I"ve heard about midwestern hospitality, but never imagined it would extend to this level.
Every room I've stayed in has been super clean, well furnished, and comfortable. The beds and pillows are comfortable and high quality which I don't often find at hotels. The daily breakfast is GREAT and the woman who oversees the food and drinks reminded me of my grandma, very sweet and friendly. There was so much good food at the evening happy hour, it was my dinner many of the nights.
If you are visiting Wichita for vacation, work or something associated with WSU, I highly recommend staying at The Inn at Tallgrass. There are some wonderful restaurants,, fast food restaurants and fantastic specialty shops within a 2-4 minute walk from this hotel. There is also a full grocery store a stones throw away which made stocking the full kitchen in my room very convenient.
I rarely write reviews for anything but given the exceptional rooms, delicious breakfast and happy hour food and amazing personnel at Tallgrass, I felt compelled to share my experience so others can be assured that Tallgrass is definitely the place to stay when in Wichita.
p.s. If you have kids at WSU and are going to visit them, the rooms are VERY reasonably priced (I was happily shocked at the price for a 2 master suite room with fireplace) and are definitely large enough to have your kids stay in the room with you. My twins sure loved that I was able to do some home cooking for them while I was there. WSU is a short 3-4 mile drive straight down the road from Tallgrass.

Helen Larch-Miller, San Diego, CA

Room Tip: Many of the rooms have full or partial views of the golf course. I suggest asking for a room where you can sit on the patio and look out over the course. It's beautiful
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Helen L
Reviewed December 30, 2012

WOW! What a unique experience. We travelled to Wichita for a Christmas vacation with family. The Inn was decorated so beautifully. The staff were so nice and accomodating to our trivial needs (directions to a Dillards). The rooms were spacious and ours had a fireplace--super nice.
The rooms were recently redecorated and were sooo comfortable. HD TV's and an ove, dishwasher and microwave in the suite. Two thumbs up for an awesome stay at the Inn! Thank you for a great holiday!

Room Tip: Maybe get a room on the bottom floor. Our second story floor suite was a little drafty.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2011

We arrived in Wichita to adopt our second daughter and didn't know how long we'd be there but needed a two bedroom suite. The suite was fantastic, clean, large and the service was fantastic. I can't recommend this highly enough - plus, it's right next to a grocery store and near a number of restaurants, so everything we needed was near.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank indypenny0714
Reviewed October 1, 2010

I stayed here for a few weeks as part of a corporate relocation. All in all I'd say it's a good but not great option. Key takeaways below:

Positive: absolutely wonderful staff, great weekday happy hours, very convenient location.

Negative: unappealing breakfast buffet, slightly older facilities, nonrefundable pet deposit significantly higher than competition.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business