“average”

Garden Inn & Suites Wichita East
Ranked #59 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Older hotel that they've tried to maintain but have trouble keeping up apparently........
parking is poor. Facilities are worn-out and in disrepair (fitness center- broken equipment.) Bed was fine but windows in deplorable condition, so AC runs all night. Rooms are "well used".........
Big "draw" seems to be the pool, which is an "add=on".....dining area is very out dated......
I'd try a different hotel next time......

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
LaQuintaEast, Manager at Garden Inn & Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Your feedback is highly appreciated so that we may improve our hotel. We have renovation plans in the works that will greatly improve the quality of the building. The pool may appear as an "add-on" because we have already performed some renovations in the pool area; which includes the new concrete around the pool and the new fence. The pool has always been part of the hotel. Regarding the issues in the fitness center, I do apologize, we are currently working with several companies to get the motor of the treadmill replaced, but are having a difficult time with said companies in getting it done in a timely manner. Once again, we thank you for your feedback and hope you return to La Quinta.

There are newer reviews for Garden Inn & Suites Wichita East

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

The hotel needed a bit of maintenance in the lobby. The desk help was super nice. The room was nice. The beds were the worst we've ever had at a LaQuinta! Disappointed with that! Breakfast was very nice. Several hot items to choose from. We will continue to stay at LaQuinta..... May just check the beds first, next time! ;)

• Stayed: June 2014
LaQuintaEast, Manager at Garden Inn & Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for your review of our property. I am glad that your stay with us was mostly pleasant. We will be doing some upgrades to the property soon - hopefully to include new mattresses. :) We look forward to serving you again in the future. Thanks so much, have a wonderful week!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Have stayed at this hotel and will recommend it. It is close to the VA hospital and with the military discount they give, made my stay during my husband's surgery a lot less stressful. Yes, it is a older hotel, but I wasn't put off by it. The breakfast was good and plentiful. Friendly helpful staff,being pet friendly, being so close to the Robert Dole VA hospital makes this hotel tops for our stays in Wichita. With veteran spouses,on occasion being forced to sleep in their vehicles in order to stay with their family who are patients at the hospital, this hotel was a find and a godsend for me. keep up the good work and we will definitely be staying here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
LaQuintaEast, Manager at Garden Inn & Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you for your beautiful review. It is our honor to have our military/ veterans stay with us and their spouses of course. We are thankful for their service, so it is always nice knowing that we can help in some kind of way and this is why we like to honor our military discount. We also have a hospital/medical discounted rate so if you are staying with us for a hospital visit, please let us know so we can see which discount gives you the best rate. Thank you one more time and we will see you again!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I checked in to a beautiful poolside room on the first level with a door to the hallway and a back door to the pool area. How convenient is that? Within 15 mins. after entering my room, the hotel desk clerk, Cynthia, called to see if everything was to my satisfaction? I thanked her and told her I was fantastically surprised how clean and big and comfortable the room was. One of the TV channels was acting up and I wanted to watch that particular one. Cynthia, once again, came to the rescue and tried everything to get it fixed, but it was the station and not the TV, but she made ever attempt to fix it and apologized profusely for the inconvenience. She made over my travel companion, Rusty the Dog. She told me where to take him to grass and how to get back. I had the beautiful and peaceful pool all to myself and had a nice swim. She even gave me great directions to drive thru and eat-in restaurants in the area. Everything was perfect. The most perfect motel that I had ever been in and I will definitely go back. Unfortunately, I did not have a great experience with other LaQuintas on the way from Boynton Beach FL via the gulf coast states.....but I will definitely be back at this one next time I stay in Wichita. Good Job and cudos to Cynthia.....she is priceless.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
LaQuintaEast, Manager at Garden Inn & Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

It is so pleasant to read a review this polite and nice, thank you. I am really proud of our staff and grateful that I have each and everyone one of them on my team, they are all priceless and of course I am really proud of Cynthia for showing that she was “here for you”, she is a great asset for this hotel. Thank you once again, it is appreciated and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

My room was on a higher floor on the front side of the hotel. So noise from the highway in front of the hotel was pretty intrusive. Room was reasonable clean, but certainly not of the highest quality. The upstairs breakfast room was very disappointing especially in terms of cleanliness (windows all had a nasty film and looked pretty poor).

Overall not a place I would recommend going to --- hopefully there are better options in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

I am sorry that your stay was not what you expected. I will definitely work with our staff so we can find a solution for our breakfast area. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Rooms were spacious and the bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was a little on the small side. Breakfast was very good considering the rate we paid. Overall a good experience and we would not hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
LaQuintaEast, Manager at Garden Inn & Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review, it is always a pleasure when we hear that our guests have had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. We hope you come back and visit us. Thank you once again!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Traffic on the interstate outside our room was noisy, and the univent in our room sounded like a rock crusher! The lobby was not clean, nor was the parking lot. We will definitely not be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I apologize for the inconvenience. Hotels that are close to the highway could be a little bit too noisy so I apologize about this. A dirty lobby and parking lot is not acceptable so I will make sure this does not happen again. Thank you for your stay with us.