“Not As Good As Others”

Garden Inn & Suites Wichita East
Ranked #59 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We are limited to motels that take dogs and we knew La Quinta does, so we booked every night of a 2 week trip to Phoenix at various LQ 's along the route. We were afraid we had made a big mistake the first night when we stayed here. The building is shabby, we were told there was a "big " grassy area to exercise the dogs with clean -up bags (no bags and the area was tiny) . Exercise equipment was broken and they were out of wipes to wipe down the equipment after use.. Room was only a fraction up from a Motel 6. Shower was extremel hard to adjust. We wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
LaQuintaEast, Manager at Garden Inn & Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you experienced while you were a guest at our property. We will be starting renovations on the building soon that will spruce things up a bit and provide the building with a more modern look and feel. I apologize for the lack of bags in the pet area, and have spoken with the employee in charge of this area. Thank you for the heads-up on the condition of our fitness equipment so that we can remedy this issue as well. If you need anything further, please feel free to contact our guest services department at 316-685-1281. Have a great and wonderful day, and remember that we are always Here For You!

There are newer reviews for Garden Inn & Suites Wichita East

A La Quinta traveler
Rusk, Texas
Reviewed February 10, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had issues with the TV, a lamp that didn't work, and a heater/ac unit that wasnot working properly. We talked with several other quests that experienced similar problems. In the welcome letter we received when we checked in it stated that the wanted to be a " perfect 10 every time. I wouldn't give them a 5. They did fix thing but not in a timely fashion. They next night we stayed at a Laquinta in Albuquerque on Iliff Rd with exceptional results. The people in Wichita could take lessons from them. I will stay some place else in Wichita on my way home. Feel free to contact me for more insight.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your review of our property. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues that you experienced while staying at our property. I appreciate your information on the items that needed repairing in the room, and also apologize for the less-than-timely manner in which these things were repaired. Once again I apologize. Have a great day!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

But close. Bird Feces all over the balcony, hadn't been cleaned in years. I went to plug in my charger behind the night stand and I don't think they had cleaned there ever. The breakfast was not up to my normal LQ standard. They take dogs so I appreciate that.

Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed there once before and this stay wasn't any better. This was once a Holiday Inn and has been converted to La Quinta. The room appeared clean, but lacking details. The bathroom was small and really kind of nasty, not really dirty, but old repairs done badly. I was on the second floor and only one of the two elevators worked. The breakfast is served on the 6th floor and I waited a good five minutes for the elevator. While I was waiting, I observed a street person walk in the front door, he rode the elevator up with me and had breakfast while coughing on the food as he crowded in line. I timed my departure so I could ride down with him, he got off the elevator and walked out the rear door. Other non guests also came for the breakfast. There is no securety as I went to my car at 4:00 a.m. and came back in without having to use my room key to gain entrance. Make you wonder who may be roaming the halls during the night. Never again, this was my last stay and it is rated 3 stars ?

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Took business trip to Wichita and stayed here with co workers. The hotel was alright, had a nice pool, decent rooms, okay beds. Kind of sucked that the sliding balcony doors were all screwed shut and not able to be used but not that big of a deal. Ive definitely seen better hotels but ive seen worse.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business