“Worked for what we needed it for”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Wichita
Ranked #58 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Hays, Kansas
“Worked for what we needed it for”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Took business trip to Wichita and stayed here with co workers. The hotel was alright, had a nice pool, decent rooms, okay beds. Kind of sucked that the sliding balcony doors were all screwed shut and not able to be used but not that big of a deal. Ive definitely seen better hotels but ive seen worse.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Staff great! we had 3 rooms 1406, 1310,1314 rooms very clean your housekeeping staff does a good job at paying attention to details. Front desk staff who check us in was quick and very friendly I dont remember her name although I think is was angelina red curly hair. We will be back on bussiness in then next few months. We will be staying at your hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Tucson
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Approaching our room the floor was littered with ceiling tile, and it stayed that way after we checked out the next morning. The bathroom floor tiles in our bathroom were dirty, and the room small and cramped (we reserved a King sized bed - the room was too small for the bed). The faucet on the tub turned a full 360 degrees and we had to guess where the off point was. We slept OK, but were not able to get downstairs from the 5th floor in the morning. My husband, who had COPD, walked down and then up 5 flights of stairs to walk our dog. I waited 10 full minutes for the elevator. I then walked back to my room and called the front desk. "The doors are stuck on the 6th floor" I was told. Finally the elevator arrived after another 10 minutes. I got the luggage cart for our baggage and the cat. I waited another 15 minutes for the elevator. I heard it coming up the shaft. The lights went out on the buttons and then nothing happened. I finally pushed the buttons again and the doors opened. The elevator had been sitting there without opening the doors! I complained to the front desk as I checked out and they really didn't seem to care.
My husband went up to breakfast and found the stairwell doors on the east end of the hotel inoperable and on the west end, the entry was blocked by tables and chairs from a closed down bar. FIRE HAZARD!
We will never stay there again!!

Room Tip: DON'T STAY HERE!! There is another La Quinta at the airport and we will try that one next time...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Wichita hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a NASTY hotel! The pool looked so pretty and inviting! We tried to get in & the water was freezing! They didn't have heat on. The front desk said that they forgot to turn it on. Went to the hot tub. After getting in, we noticed bugs floating & then, to my horror, we saw TONS of cockroaches crawling ALL OVER!!! It doesn't matter to me if they have pest control, which they said they did. What matters is that it isn't working! The bed was comfy but we had a hard time sleeping, worried about the BUGS! There's a back door to the room which has a key pad that doesn't work and we got locked out. There's a sign, but it's very faded. The room itself is dingy & the TV picture is grainy. The floor is sticky. Lack of cleanliness. The staff was nice. But steer clear of this hotel. It's dirty!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nebraska
Reviewed October 19, 2013

After staying at other LaQuinta's I must say this is the worse we have ever stayed at. The front desk gives you a sheet to sign because we brought our dog (never did this at any other LaQuinta's) and I told the receptionist this. I asked if the hotel was franchise owned or company owned and the receptionist stated she thinks it is a franchise owned. Then they gave me this printed sheet of paper stating that if I do not rate this hotel a 10 see the manager. I was like "What, this is weird". We had booked through go rewards and requested a ADA room. We stayed in room 1016 or 1106 anyway the door is not ADA compatible (30" required) My husband had a hard time getting in and out of the room and he has a scooter. Never had this problem at other LaQuinta's then when we entered the room there was a roach in the bathroom and one on the wall I killed both. The bed reminded me of a bed that bounces up and down and when you sit on it you feel like you are touching the floor. This is a old LaQuinta but there could be some updates. There was no card stating what channels they had I had to ask the front desk and again they gave me a printed sheet with the channels. I was like--man this is a ghetto hotel. Come on now have some nice printed cards or fliers in the room. We left at 1:30 we had, had enough. On the way out of the room I saw a baby roach in the bathroom. I figured if the downstair rooms have roaches no telling what the 6th floor eating area has.
People with disabilities should be able to move around in the room. This room was so tight spaced and the shower seat was so small my husband would not had fitted on it. I am so sorry they carry the LaQuinta name. This place needs a horrendous update.

Room Tip: Try the LaQuinta by the airport it might be better. That is what we will do if we have to stay in Wi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Franklin, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I booked through online provider. This visit was about the same as the last. This time I was on the second floor facing the pool area. There is a door to go out on the balcony surrounding the pool, but you have to leave it open or you will get locked out. weird. my drapes didn't go all the way down to the a/c so it was easy to see into my room. I put a towel across the a/c to block the free show. This place is in dire need of a remodel. location is great and plenty of restaurants and a mall nearby. didn't see bed bugs and I tore apart the bed to check. Room was fine in size and cleanliness. bed was decent. seems to me on the tripadvisor website i read it had remodeled rooms with pillow top beds, not for me at least:-( TV picture was grainy. seems like it should be HD, but it's not. I utilized the Fridge and microwave and they were fine. I welcomed the shower head which was tall enough to handle my height! A/C was too loud. it was rated 2.5 stars s/b 1.5 or 2 until it gets remodeled.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The first TV remote did not work, and leaked battery acid on my hands. The 30 channels of "HDTV" are stretched out, letterboxed, snowy ANALOG STANDARD DEFINITION TV. No signs that if you go out to the pool area, you cannot get back in though that door despite the presence of a card reader outside lock. I had to go down a flight of stairs outside -- in the rain -- and almost fell down the stairs due to a loose guard rails. My 2 dogs were terrified by the "open view" elevators. The air conditioners exhaust hot air into the enclosed pool area, making it seem more like a sauna -- intolerable noise. Killed 2 roaches in the bathroom, and the toilet seat was loose. Worst hotel experience ever -- very disappointed in LaQuinta.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple