“not great. not terrible.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Wichita
Ranked #60 of 86 Hotels in Wichita
hadley rille
“not great. not terrible.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

an older property. area seems a bit rough. outside and reception a bit shabby. clientale seems a bit downmarket. room small but clean. nice shower.

breakfast area on top floor with good view free paper. stale bagels and english muffins but otherwise good.

would probably not stay again. prefer hyatt or marriott in wichita for maybe 15 dollars more on priceline name own price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Drove 12 hours from Milwaukee for a 4 day basketball tournament. To be honest I wasn't expecting much due to numerous bad experiences.(not at this hotel, just in general) I couldn't have been more wrong. The hotel was clean and very welcoming. I looved the tropical decor in the pool area. Both pools were very clean and the swimming pool was suprisingly large. The hot tub was the perfect remedy after a tireing drive. The breakfast was very good and again suprisingly hot. The lobby was set up for nicely for "night owls" having a television and coffee machine that has excellent coffee by the way. There were a few minor "defects" such as the refridgerator in our room did not work, and the lighswitches by the bathroom didn't work. I brought this to the attention of the staff and within a very short time, both issues were fixed. Again suprising. The A/C kept the room cool, which was nice because when I was there it was in the high 80's and humid. The location of the hotel was perfect, it was 5 minutes from anythng. The only "negative" comment I have is the pool are was a bit to humid for me to really enjoy. If this can be taken care of, you will have, I believe the "perfect" stay. I love the fact that pets are allowed. I have paid much more for alot less quality at other hotels. I would definately recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
LaQuintaEast, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Wichita, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
I am glad to hear you had such an enjoyable stay. My apologies for the issues in your room but I am glad we were able to resolve this in a timely manner. It is nice to hear how you enjoyed the pool and it’s nice to know that you really liked our breakfast. It’s wonderful to see all of these nice compliments about the property. The humidity in the pool has to do a lot with the weather outside, during winter we have the heater in the pool area on and of course it does not feel as humid so maybe visiting us during this season can be an option. Thank you for taking the time to comment and we hope to see you again.
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is an older cool Hotel. Breakfast was good, rooms were good, staff was as expected. The pool area has a jungle theme which adds to its coolness.
The beds seemed too soft or maybe just wore out which gave me poor sleep. I took notice that this Hotels 1st floor elevator lobby smoke detector was activated (denoted by the constantly lit red LED indicator light). Since the fire alarm was not going off and the elevator was not in fire alarm recall mode, I can only surmise that management had disabled the fire alarm system. I have contact the local Fire Marshals Office to look into their fire alarm system status.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your review, I am glad your stay was pleasant. I apologize that you did not sleep well; when you’re away from home I know getting a good sleep is very important. Thank you for taking note about the smoke detector, we actually had someone do a full inspection on our alarm system to make sure everything was functioning properly. Thank you for you stay with us.
Clark, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

As a family, we make a 2,500 mile round-trip from Missouri to South Texas twice per year for mission work in Mexico. Naturally, that includes several nights in multiple hotels each trip. Our experience at the Wichita La Quinta was easily the best hotel experience we have had as a family in the last several years. We had 2 ground floor rooms which opened up pool side. The pool was big and surrounded by a lush tropical jungle of greenery. Our rooms were very nice & clean with plenty of space. The AC worked very well. It was 100F during the day and we all got cold during the night and had to ajust our temp up. We thoroughly enjoyed the expanded breakfast from the beautiful and quite large 6th floor breakfast room. The staff was excellent. The location appeared to be a safe neighborhood with a mall just down the street. I just can't say enough positive about this hotel. We don't normally stop in Wichita but have decided to adjust our future travel schedule in order to make certain we get 1 night in Wichita.

Room Tip: Ground floor pool side were easy access to the front & back of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
LaQuintaEast, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Wichita, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. It is really nice to hear that you enjoyed everything about your stay and I am thankful that we have loyal guests like you. It is really nice to hear that you will adjust your travel schedule just so you can stop by, it is very much appreciated and we will be happy to have you back.
Levelland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were in a room on the ground floor with our dog. There was a meeting room on one side of us so we did not have to worry about loud noises at night. The breakfast was very good. We had a room by the pool and could go through the pool area to get to the outside to walk our dog. There was handicapped parking that was easy to access.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I am glad to hear that your stay with us was pleasant. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

One of the worst hotel experiences of my entire life. The bed is extremely uncomfortable, the internet is laughably slow, and the staff is either uncaring, or nonexistent. The rooms are disgusting and foul-smelling. DO NOT STAY HERE!!

Room Tip: Choose a room not in this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Derek M
LaQuintaEast, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Wichita, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I am sorry your experience was not what you expected from us and I apologize for what you felt was one of your worst hotel experiences. It is our goal to provide you with a positive experience. Thank you for your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Wichita hotels

Marshfield, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

The room A/Cs on 3 rd floor are extremely loud and woke us up several times in the night!! New units are badly needed so travelers can sleep. The staff was professional and helpful, and the hotel was nice and clean.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I am glad to hear our staff had a positive impact for your stay. I apologize that you were not able to have a good night sleep but I will definitely be looking into getting our units upgraded. I appreciate your review. We hope to see you again.