“Overly Pleased”

Ranked #18 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Winfield, Kansas
“Overly Pleased”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay there. the front desk person, Rachel, was very knowlegeable and had one of the BEST guest service attitude I have ever experience. She was very helpful with everything. i ran into an issue with the shower not working, she not only quickly set up a diffrent arrangement for me, she also helped me move my luggage to the new room. The rooms were very nice and I loved the set up of the hotel. Very clean for how much traffic was coming in and out that evening. The breakfast was very tasty and fresh. I made my decsion to stay at this hotel because they offered free shuttle ride to the airport for me. That was a huge plus in my trip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Richard S, General Manager at Comfort Suites Wichita, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Melinda C

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay at our hotel.

I was pleased to hear you found the staff so accommodating and am glad they were able to help.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Pratt, Kansas
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Due to the confirmation calls the staff knew I was here for my brothers funeral. So upon arrival I had a beautiful plant in my room with a card! That was so thoughtful!! Thank you to the entire staff and Kristina!

• Stayed March 2014
Shelley S

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am glad that we could make your stay an enjoyable one. Once again on behalf of the entire staff we would like to offer our condolences to you and your family.
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Well, I had no plan to stay here. Was flying out of the city and my flight got cancelled and I was forced to say the night. Had driven in from Tulsa that afternoon. My airline gave me a free room at the hotel. It was a great room! Nice size. Very clean and everything was working just fine! Don't plan to be in Wichita again anytime soon but would stay here if I was in the city!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
nickhasit,

Thank you for the kind words, I will share them with my staff. We look forward to providing the same quality service once again when you make it back to Wichita.
Meade, Kansas
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We had a good stay at this hotel. They offered soup and salad in the evening. Breakfast was well prepared with full menu the next morning. Bed was comfortable. Two TV's and Internet hookup. Maybe a small item but the coffee in the room was delicious and fresh tasting. Liked the brand they furnished. Staff accommodating. Clean rooms and quiet. We have stayed here more than once and would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear kansascem

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor reveiw regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I was glad to hear that the ammenities our hotel offers were to your satisfaction and that you were pleased with them.

Hays, Kansas
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed here overnight as I had to catch an early flight the following morning. I should say that the hotel is conveniently located not far from the airport.

After I had read prior reviews about shuttle services to the airport being limited from this hotel, I went without any expectations and had almost made up my mind that I might need to call a cab, as I had an early flight. However, the front desk person who was working that night was very courteous and came up with some arrangements. Finally I ended up leaving by their own shuttle the following morning. She even had some early breakfast (fruit and muffin), in case people leaving early needed to grab something on the go.

As for the room, it was clean and quiet. I stayed on the second floor. There was no noise from the road or the airport, but neighbors' voices could be heard through the wall to some extent and I am not sure if this is the case in all rooms, but overall no major disturbance.

I was not planning on an extended stay or anything and for a passer-by, I guess this place served its purpose.

Room Tip: I think all rooms were quite similar.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank NYPhysician
NYPhysician,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on TripAdvisor with positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

I was pleased to hear that you found our shuttle service accommodating to your specific needs.

We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service on your next trip.
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed in the hotel one night when in town for a business meeting. The hotel was sold out the night I was there. The front desk staff was friendly, the hotel was very quiet, and the room was in excellent condition. The breakfast was not well stocked in the morning and seemed to be a little short staffed. The quality also wasn't the best, but decent for the price. I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We came in for a funeral. Most of the family was able to stay here and the staff accommodated us by keeping the rooms close together. We asked for a bereavement rate but they didn't offer one. The rate we got wasn't horrible as we did book during a "sale." We were in five of the smaller rooms but it suited us fine since we spent most of our time not in the room. The rooms were clean. The pool was small but nice since we seemed to be the only families using the area. There was a hot tub and a sauna too. The fitness room was weak with a treadmill in need of repair but again, only used by two of us from our party. The breakfast was great with lots of variety in my opinion. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family