“Professionalism Personified” 5 of 5 bubbles

$592.29*
and up
5-Day Fraser Island and Great Barrier Reef Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: This island has some of the best diving and snorkeling in Queensland.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Professionalism Personified”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

What fabulous staff!!!! Did a great job on the ride out there - heavy swells meant that many "bags" were used. They made the bags disappear and were replaced as well as supplying cold cloths. On the island/glass bottom boat the staff were incredibly knowledgable and provided fascinating commentary. Well worth the $180 but you must take motion sickness tablets!!

2 Thank Flexie1

Shanghai, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Worst experience for me in Australia”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

The cruise was delayed for 1 hour due to technical problems, with engine problems, missing screws ...and when it finally depart for around 5 mins, the lady announced that there is still some technical problem and have to make its way back to the harbor. We have enough of it and ask for a refund. You can sense that there is totally lack of planning and preventive maintenance on the boats and the thing is there are people like this Chinese couple who drove for 6 hrs from god coast, it's really a shame.

Visited February 2014
5 Thank John W
Brisbane
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great day on Reef”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

This was our second time visiting the reef here. The first was overcast day and the trip out very rough. This time was the complete opposite. We had a wonderful day snorkeling around the reef, the water was just right. The reef might look dead at first but if you look closely you can see all the new growth. There were fish every where and turtles. Have patience and sit above a section of coral for a while and it is amazing all the fish that start to come out of it.
People have to remember this reef is not always underwater and at low tide it gets exposed but those areas that are under all the time do have lots of colour to them.
My husband, son and nephew did the fishing trip outside the reef and all come back with fish. Considering they were only fishing for around two hours this was great. My other son did a dive and enjoyed it. From the sub-boat ride we were able to see a very big old turtle and a calamari school, something I have never seen before.
This time we did not do the island tour but from the last trip I remember it to be very informative. The staff were very friendly and competent. The food is simple but tasty, there is cold water on tap all day.
Be aware the toilets on the boat are not very large, but there are changing facilities on the platform on the reef.
Excellent way to see the reef without going too far from Brisbane.

1 Thank caasiBrisbane
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great day snorkelling”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great day trip to Lady Musgrave. Admittedly a little wary due to other trip advisor reviews but I thought was an awesome trip! Food was good too, chicken, salads, prawns for lunch and lamingtons for morning and afternoon tea. I'm not sure what people expect, everything was efficient and well run. The guy John mentioned in other reviews was funny, not rude at all. He was just an older Aussie bloke and has been doing this for years probably, I found his sense of humour quite funny he was always making light of things. Yes they run on a timetable but I found this good as it makes sure everyone gets a chance to do everything. Underwater sub was OK but I could have skipped it, snorkelling was the obvious highlight and I went twice for at least an hour or two, once before the island walk and once after and got both high and low tides. Both nice, low was better as the sun hits the coral. I am also very, very susceptible to motion sickness, so as my relative had been before and it was very rough I wore sea bands, took travelcalm (both normal and ginger) an hour before and brought carbonated drinks and ginger nut biscuits to have on board just in case. Some were sick, especially kiddies but I think they likely weren't prepared. Our trip was pretty smooth (it is out at sea though!) just check wind and swell before you book and go prepared. Don't expect some luxury cruise, it is a good, efficient and fun trip to see the reef. I had a great trip, swam the beautiful southern great barrier reef, seen green turtles, a white tip reef shark, and lots of fish. Recommended.

1 Thank AleciaBaker
Birkdale, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Don't do this on a public holiday”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We changed the date from Christmas Eve to Boxing day, and it was probably a big mistake. There were 2 boats going out, so we didn't go out til late. We only had an hour and a half on the reef in total. There was no fish food offered (just empty buckets with "fish food" written on them. Luckily I had spotted packs of fish food at $2 at the Marina Café and purchased two.(Why these aren't promoted I don't know) My husband had a ball feeding the hungry hordes. The owner of the ships came along, and he shouldn't have bothered. What a loud obnoxious know it all. The crew were absolutely lovely, but somewhat uptight at having this bothersome person along. We also shared the boat with many Asian people, who were quite rude, and arrogant.
Advice...take sea sickness pills prior to embarking, if you tend to suffer from motion sickness. It is a rough ride out. The food was adequate, plenty available. Take your own snorkelling gear if you have it...the processing of used snorkels and goggles leaves a lot to be desired. Take your own bottle of water, as you are unable to walk around whilst on the boat, due to the rough seas, so will become quite parched. The boat we were on appeared pretty run down...but this is true of everything in 1770.... locked in a time warp, and attitude of "she'll be right mate". Not exactly the sort of image we want to portray to international visitors, a very "tired place". The trip to Lady Musgrave was interesting, and perhaps in out of season more time would be allowed to explore the island and swim off its beaches. Don't know if this happens, but it was definitely not allowed on the day. The island has absolutely no facilities. It was all a rush job, and not worth the money. For my part, I would not return to this island, or take this trip, or for that matter return to Agnes Water/1770. If this town wants to attract the tourist dollar, it needs to spruce itself up. However if you would like to visit a town, that is in a time warp, with limited facilities this is the place to go. It seems to be a place predominately for jet skiers, and boaties.

Visited December 2013