“Take your shampoo!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Wellington B&B and Inns
Phoenix
“Take your shampoo!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

This was for a class reunion. Oh my what a surprise! It was clean and saw only 1 spider the entire stay of about 5 nights. The mattress is hard and my husband loved that but not me. The wash cloths and towels are very thin. The property is very poorly kept with paint peeling. They put smokers next to non smokers and the office reeked of smoke.

They did tell us on check in there was no breakfast and had not been for sometime. Yes, I know the web says they have it. There are plenty of places to get a cheap breakfast in Wellington, including the nice donut shop and Penny's.

The place is about 50 years old and could certainly use some TLC to the outside. The pictures on the web must have been taken many years ago or had a lot of touch up. They were very cordial to us. It was just such a shock at the sparseness. Especially after staying at Marriott Residence Inn before coming here! I would invest in a travel trailer if I had to stay here again. Wichita is not that far and would consider that if I had to stay multiple nights.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Overland Park, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

This place is falling apart! But more importantly, there are deceptive business practices going on. There is NO breakfast offered like it says on the website. Yes, attached diner, but NO discount or free breakfast offered. No water in pool. Place is totally neglected. Go somewhere else! Not close to highway 35

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank drjbg

Travelers are raving about these Wellington hotels

Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2009

I had the unfortunate experience of saying there! I was put in a room that reecked of smoke and when I went to check out the bathroom someone had used it and not flushed I hate to tell you what was in it. there was pubic hair on the sheets and they were wrinkled. There were dead bugs all over as well. I did not even go to the office to check out instead I decided to drive the 7 hours to get home. I do not understand why they are even open!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
southeast Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2007

We drive through Kansas regularly since our daughter lives in Colorado. This last trip home, it was getting late so we decided to stop for the night without making advance reservations.

This motel looked pretty decent from the exterior and so I was somewhat surprised when I got a room for only $39.69 including tax. Well, here is why:
The carpet was very stained and unbelievably filthy behind all the furniture. There were both dead and live beetles in it.
The bedspread was dirty. Sheets appeared to have been laundered, thank goodness. We threw off the bedspread and used our own pillows, praying that we would not bring home any bedbugs.
The toilet bolts were broken off. But the worst thing was the shower/tub which evidently had never been cleaned. It was positively covered with a gray/black scummy grime. Needless to say, we did not take a shower.
We left as early as possible, and when I turned in the key I noticed that the continental breakfast was one of the worst jokes you can imagine. A dirty coffeepot (empty) and some toast I think.
Anyway, we have got to find another place to stay!

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank morningglory7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellington
Hampton Inn & Suites I-35 / Mulvane
#2 of 3 in Wellington
Motel 6 South Haven
Motel 6 South Haven
#1 of 1 in South Haven

Been to Chisholm Trail Inn? Share your experiences!