“Northeast Kansas comfort”
Review of Simmer Motel

Simmer Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wamego
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Simmer Motel is a jewel of a find. Located in Wamego, KS just about 15-20 minutes away from KSU campus, it is the perfect travel stop for families, couples, girl trips - even hunters and field workers find respite here. The rooms are well-equipped and clean. Beds are comfortable and the staff is friendly. Some of the rooms have a fun themed decor. When I stay here I feel like I'm visiting a friend.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Big12chick

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The people who work here are incredibly nice. They bent over backwards to make us feel welcome and our stay was great. We brought 2 dogs and there was plenty of room to walk them around. I lost my room key and they told me not to worry about it... no charge. I found it in my purse today so I'm mailing it back. Simmer Motel has unique features no chain of hotels has and I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JennySwonderful
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Rooms could use a little updating, but was very large and had two bedrooms, a full size fridge etc. Stayed there after a K-State game and it was a fairly quick drive from Manhattan. Bathroom was a little small, but clean. Front desk staff person was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Sherry B
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We came to town for our daughters wedding, my wife,mother in law and i shared a room. They even had room for me to park my semi truck.very friendly, quick to take care of our needs, very clean, affordable wash/ dryer. Everything in walking distance. Great country setting, clean pool, playground, excellent staff. Oh did i mention that it was labor day weekend, and k- state game. No rate increase! May not be a five star, high price hotel. But got treated like 5 star guest. Thank you very much for your woundful hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank truckdriver1968
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were recently traveling through Kansas and were looking for a place to stay close to Alma, KS, and the Simmer Motel had very good reviews and great prices. Simmer Motel lived up to and beyond our expectations! The owners were very nice and talked to us about some of the local history and places to see. The room was immaculate and very nicely outfitted. It is probably the cleanest place we have ever stayed. We travel through Kansas periodically, and we will definitely make this a stop whenever we can, and we highly recommend this place to anyone. It's worth the few extra miles off of I70!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 765ericb
SimmerManager, Owner at Simmer Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Thank-you so much for taking the time to write a review on tripadviser. I am so glad that your stay was a good one. It made me so happy to read all of the wonderful things you said about us.
We try so hard to achieve the high standards that people expect and rightly so. I will let my staff know that all my ranting about having to be the cleanest motel around was appreciated. Sincerley Simmer Motel

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Was not impressed with hotel across street so we ventured here...Must say we had a GREAT stay!!We didn't arrive until almost midnite yet they didn't hesitate to show us a few room choices...WE WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND TO ANYONE ANYTIME.Lovely creative clean rooms...Staff and owner was VERY NICE..She even gave us directions and info for our future destinations on our Anniversary Roadtrip.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Sheli M
SimmerManager, Owner at Simmer Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank-you so much for your kind words, I enjoyed visiting with you and appreciate that you would take the time to give us a good review. For the small business it is the word of mouth as the old saying goes, that will make or break a business. I am so glad you had a good experience.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We initially chose this motel due to its close proximity to the Oz Museum and the fact that they have a 3 Queen bed suite to accommodate our family.

Very clean room and friendly staff. Everything we needed was in the room including dinnerware in the kitchenette. We will likely be in the area in the future and will stay here when that time comes.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank firefly36
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wamego
Wamego Inn & Suites
#5 of 16 in Manhattan
Bluemont Hotel
Bluemont Hotel
#2 of 16 in Manhattan

Been to Simmer Motel? Share your experiences!