“Well Kept Secret, until you stay there” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Wakeeney Inn & Suites

BEST WESTERN PLUS Wakeeney Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in WaKeeney
Missouri
“Well Kept Secret, until you stay there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014

When traveling across Kansas and it is time to Stop in say the Hays, Kansas Area, if traveling west, you can save money and get a very good room traveling the extra 30 miles to Wakeeney when going west or stopping 30 miles short when going east on I-70. Yes you could stay at the Best Western Butterfield on Holiday Inn Express in Hays and get larger rooms, but when comparing cost and quality, in my opinion you not gain enough to stay at the more expensive alternatives, especially traveling solo.

What you do loose by staying here is the better places to eat that Hays Kansas offers. But if traveling west, the solution is naturally eat in Hays and travel on. The motel is convenient to the Interstate and they offer a pretty good morning Breakfast. The one negative I did face and it was NOT the fault of the motel, was the Best Western Reservation system messed up both the room type and day of stay. But a very nice lady working that night was able to fix things; so as a tip, if you reserve on-line, check the reservation closely, do not assume it is correct. I stay here bot on going and returning from my vacation.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Phototraveler10
Pat G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wakeeney Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Thank you for your nice compliment. We would love to have you stop and stay with us each time you travel through here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Trimble, MO, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

I believe this was an older motel with some modest updates that enabled it to meet Best Western standards. The main building appeared to be new with guest rooms on two levels. The rest of the rooms were all on ground level with parking in front of your room. All went well until I and my wife went to bed. By midnight we were both wide awake trying to find a spot on the bed we could get comfortable in. The bed was simply awful, you could feel every spring in the mattress probing into your body. The air conditioner was mounted through the wall just above the bed and it was so loud that you had to speak loudly to be heard. The room was clean but it still didn't measure up to other Best Western hotels we stayed in. I would never stay at this hotel again if all the beds and room accomodations were like the one we had.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Harold E. R
Are you sure your response was for the Best Western in Wakeeney? We are 9 years old and we have 3 floors. Our mattresses are only 3 years old.
If you were sure you stayed here then I am so sorry you did not like our Hotel.
Highland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

The room was clean. The staff of lovely older ladies was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good. This was the first place I had stayed in over a week that served whole milk! I had specific sleeping arrangements that I wanted and everything I needed was taken care of. I don't recommend sleeping next to an ice machine. My daughter had a little trouble with the wifi. But overall it was great.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Kristen C
Thank you, hope to see you again.
Overland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed at the Best Western Plus for one night while we were traveling across Kansas on I-70. This was a perfectly adequate hotel. It was clean, bright, fairly quiet, and very convenient to the highway. We were given a room facing away from the highway, so I cannot say how noisy it is on the other side (3rd floor of 3). Our side was fine and we had a lovely view of the Kansas sunset.

That said, I found the room rather small and the bed was not super-comfortable to me. It was "bouncy" so every time my husband or I moved, we bounced around. The A/C unit in the room did the job, but I found it a little loud.

There's a pool, and a workout room, and as others have said, their hot tub seems to be permanently broken. Not that I was planning to use it - but since others have mentioned it, I thought I'd report.

The staff was very friendly, cheerful and helpful. In the morning, they offer a self serve breakfast. They offer waffles (make-it-yourself), hot sausages, gravy, biscuits, egg patties, a few pastries, cereal, milk, juice, coffee and toast. It's all pretty good - neither exceptional nor disappointing.

I would stay here again if I am in the area. There are a few fast food restaurants nearby, within walking distance.

Room Tip: North side is away from the highway.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank rikrax
Pat G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wakeeney Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for your response. Please come and stay with us again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

When I travel through Kansas I stay that this motel because of it excellent value and outstanding breakfast food. The only problem I have encountered was the heater on the hot tub has been broken during my last two stops.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank 499chesterg
I am sorry we have tried several times to get the hot tub heater fixed. For now it is more for
little kids to play in.
Detroit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

The room was clean and beds were comfortable. I have no complaints. I would sure stay here again. Only one concern is sound proofing. I was called by the front desk stating we were making a lot of noise while walking in the room. Lol so we just got in our beds and slept. Didn't bother any one.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jackson S
I am sorry we had to call but we had a couple of rooms call the front desk. Please try us again.
Midlothian, Tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Best place in a small town. Staff is very helpful and the motel is very clean. We stay there 2 or 3 times a year and are always welcomed. Pet Friendly (no extra fee). It has everything we need to stay a few days.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Carey S
Thank you for the nice compliment, we hope you will come stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near WaKeeney
Days Inn Ellis
Days Inn Ellis
#1 of 1 in Ellis
Cobblestone Inn & Suites
Super 8 Wakeeney
Super 8 Wakeeney
#2 of 4 in WaKeeney

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Wakeeney Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!