“motel has new ownership”
Review of Country Inn

Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sterling
North Platte, Nebraska
“motel has new ownership”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Place has really been cleaned up have stayed twice this year. Jackie does a great job rooms were very clean and perfect for the construction worker trade

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank superdave981

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Rutherford, New Jersey
Reviewed September 18, 2010

If you *really* feel the need to go here, send me a message on TA and I will reply directly. In a nutshell, Sterling Inn was once a great place for couples and families. The original owners sold it off to a middle eastern family, and the place just went from 4 stars to none. Absolutely horrifying what they did to this place. Words cant do it justice. Dirty, smelly, horrible food, all activities they had that made it fun for kids, gone. Just a total waste. My last experience here is something for television. Between finding the owners in our bed, no hot water, filthy rooms - on and on. Stay away.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank zafe
Kansas
Reviewed September 10, 2008

I took a bicycle trip from Oklahoma to Nebraska and after camping for two nights and a long, hot ride with a headwind, I was looking forward to a motel room and a hot bath. I didn't think I had the energy to ride another 10 miles in 95 degree heat to Lyons.

In the office, there were several signs saying "NO Refunds!" I thought it was strange when the manager didn't ask for my name, address, etc. On the plus side, it had a window air conditioner and cable TV. But NO hot bath! The first 10 gallons of water was warm, then it turned cold. I tried waiting a few minutes and trying again, but I never did get that hot bath. There was a space under the front door where bugs and rodents could come in. Luckily, I didn't see any. The sheets were clean, but they still felt grimy. The manager delivered one scrawny towel and a washcloth. Later, I realized there was no trash basket or extra toilet paper so I made a trip to the office for a Wal-Mart plastic bag and a roll of toilet paper.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
kansas
Reviewed November 4, 2007

My husband and i stayed there for a period of time. Our time there started good and then we realized that the owners were lazy. Did not care about anything that went on, they let there trash build up without disposal until the point it was unbarrable and the flys were rediculous. They never cleaned rooms!!! The head office smelled like cat urine and {chuck and liz} played childish games with the occupants and there money. "The owners" seemed more concerned with there video games than there business. "The owners" asked for you to take your own trash out to the magget infested dumpsters located 3 feet to the east of the motel. The Sterling Inn is the posterchild of unsanitary establishments.

No matter the price of there rooms we will never stay there again

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank lincoln251
Colorado Springs
Reviewed March 29, 2007

The Sterling Inn was the worst place we have ever stayed at. The rooms were completely filthy. The carpet had major stains and had not been vacuumed. The shower hadn't been cleaned in a long time. The shower walls were falling inward and had layers of shampoo and soap scum on them. The furniture that the TV sat on was falling apart at the seams. There was no heat or air or even the ability to open a window. The rooms had drapes that did not quite cover the windows so people walking by could see in your room at any time. The beds were beyond lumpy. Each room is equipped with a 18 gallon hot water heater and it takes 2 hours for it to reheat after it is used. We were told later that during hunting season that they have signs in the rooms asking guests not to wash "fowl" in the sinks. This motel was built in the early 1960's and does not look like it has had any improvements to it since. The staff (Chuck and Liz) was friendly but a little on the clueless side of running a motel. We checked in very late in the day and Liz said that Chuck was tired from cleaning rooms. I think Chuck just makes the beds and then sits around watching TV in the rooms.

During the morning before checkout (7:00am) my wife gagged about 5 or 6 times before we could get out of the room.

We were visiting Sterling College that is just 3 minutes up the road and everyone we met at the college asked us two questions.

1) When did you get here?

2) Where did you stay last night?

When we said the Sterling Inn, they either laughed or said how sorry they were that we were not warned. One person even suggested that we make sure we did not pick up any kind of bugs.

3 Thank myanke2000

Been to Country Inn? Share your experiences!