“Minskys Shawnee”
Review of Minsky's Pizza

Minsky's Pizza
Ranked #6 of 124 Restaurants in Shawnee
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: Hungry? Order online now! "Gourmet, and going to stay that way." Since 1976 we've used distinctive ingredients in our savory pizzas, sandwiches, pastas and salads. Sure to please any palate at our original 51st and Main restaurant and 13 locations throughout the metro.Since we began making gourmet pizza in Kansas City in 1976, we have used the finest ingredients. Our savory pizzas begin with fresh, hand-rolled dough layered with generous portions of lean, succulent meats, tender vegetables, aromatic herbs and are topped with rich dairy mozzarella baked to bubbling perfection. Today, our distinctive ingredients and commitment to quality ensure that each Minsky's pizza is a mouthwatering masterpiece. In addition to gourmet pizzas, we offer a tasty selection of sandwiches, salads and pastas sure to please any palate. Enjoy.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Minskys in Shawnee is the best !! Excellent customer service!! The pizza is awesome and with fresh ingredients, they always prepare their food the right way, and always has service with a smile. I also remember one time when I was in the restaurant and recently there was a apartment fire up the road, the owner gave several gift certificates to the families who had lost everything in the fire, can't get greater customer service than that!

2  Thank Tbezler
There are newer reviews for Minsky's Pizza

Reviewed February 18, 2013

If you love great pizza and lots of choices in specialty pizza's then this is your place. I tried a lot pizza restaurant's in Kansas City and this rates as one of my favorites. I liked the Shawnee location and the service was great. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Robert A
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We "divorced" our former pizza, Papa John's, last fall which made us search for a replacement. What a happy circumstance. We now are enjoying far superior pizza with fresher ingredients, a tastier crust and a local flair. We just wish they delivered to our neighborhood, which is just two blocks out of their area. We don't mind picking it up. We haven't chosen to eat inside the restaurant - so I can't speak for that. Our several take out orders have all been correct and ready when we pick them up.

We like the thin wheat crust the best but they have other varieties including a gluten-free one that my gluten free friends say is great.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We came here with about a dozen families after a hockey tournament at nearby KCIC. We were in the party room in the back and it was perfect for the kids (9-10 year olds) to be contained to one area, sit and enjoy pizza and pasta while the parents socialized. The waitress was able to take our orders by family and it worked out great. The kids loved it and would like to go back again next year!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I've gone to this Minsky's a few times with a friend who likes it, but next time, I'm suggesting we go somewhere else. Each time it's been a somewhat negative experience. This last time--2 weeks ago--was the worst. I was relieved to get inside because it was so cold outside and I was looking forward to a good time with my friend in a WARM place. HA! It was so cold the guy behind the counter--at the back of the restaurant--was wearing a heavy coat and a stocking cap. We weren't near the door but I still had to wear my coat the whole time and got a horrible case of the sniffles.

We had the appetizer and pizza deal. The mushrooms were pricey but fine (totally lame watered-down ranch dressing as dipping sauce). My friend had ordered the appetizer before I even got there because she was hungry, but I'd been there 20 minutes before it arrived. And it's a good thing we weren't in any hurry because our server sure wasn't. She was floating around and apparently took our order when she finally felt like it. I'm not sure that the medium was quite as small as a Jeno's frozen pizza, but not much bigger. My husband or teen son could have polished it off the whole pizza alone easily.

Everything was slow motion which was okay because we weren't in a rush (except for it being so darn cold). It was my friend's birthday so I paid. With cash. When I pulled the change out of the black bill holder, I realized it was all bills--not a nickle, dime, or penny to be seen. The bill was something like $23.84 and the server had given me $26 even in change from a $50. When I hunted her down (she was flirting with the guy behind the counter) and asked her about my missing 16c, she acted like I was crazy. She threw a quarter at me out of her pocket and told me she couldn't be bothered on amounts less than a quarter.

But, excuse me, that was CHANGE. It wasn't her money to decide whether or not to deal with. It was unscrupulous and presumptuous. And the manager is kind of loose on the books if they allow that. And I was terribly glad I hadn't used a credit card--if she'll cheat on a few cents, well, I wouldn't want her deciding to mess with my credit card # if she decided she didn't want to mess with a tip under $5. She turned and started making fun of me with the guy behind the counter.

The food is okay, but nothing to write home about and pricey; the atmosphere is COLD; the service is slow (and can't be bothered to give correct change). I can't think of one compelling reason to ever go to this Minsky's again