Wonderscope Children's Museum of Kansas City
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Shawnee
More attraction details
Owner description: Wonderscope Children's Museum of Kansas City sparks a lifelong love of learning through the power of play. Wonderscope is a family-friendly place full of imaginative, interactive exhibits and programs where young children and adults can explore and discover the adventure of learning together.
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

For children under 8 I took my 4 grandchildren and the two older ones 8 & 10 were bored early on. I thought it was too expensive.

All reviews
"grandkids"
in 4 reviews
"membership"

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Not being from Kansas City, I had never heard of this place until my daughter bought a Group on. My three year old grandson was in heaven. He ran from room to room never bored or tired or hungry or thirsty. He was totally engaged every moment we were there. I loved watching him and his involvement in the various activities. We will be back soon. Great place for the under six set!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

it has been over a year, but we won't go back - when we went everything was broken and dirty - nothing worked and the kids were BORED - it is all self directed with no staff explaining anything - our local news promotes this place all the time as a 'great place for kids' - we thought it was terrible - but it was also cheap so we didn't waste too much money finding that out

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is a great stop if you're in the Shawnee area, but don't go out of your way to travel a great distance to go here. Our kids are 5 and 2. They enjoy the raceway room the most and spend the most time there. My kids also liked the farm room. When we were there they had a Lego display in their largest room, which my kids enjoyed, but just for a bit. We were basically there for about 1 1/2 hours before my kids wanted to leave. One trip there we brought a picnic lunch because they say on their website they have an indoor picnic area. We were disappointed when we were told we couldn't use that area because they were cleaning up from a special event. The special event was not on the website for the date we visited and we ended up eating outside in some chilly weather.

Overall, it isn't a great value for the money. Omaha has a spectacular children's museum and this one just doesn't compare.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The website looked pretty cool, and reminded me of a FANTASTIC children's museum we went to last year in Norwalk, CT. My, how websites can be deceiving! It's in an old school, which is a good idea, but once you walk in you notice how dingy everything looks. You have to pay full price for every adult in your group, even though there isn't a thing there for adults to do. (My father had to pay $7 to sit on a bench in the hallway for an hour). But aside from that, the exhibits are broken down and dirty looking. The biggest exhibit in the raceway area was closed. The talking part of the submarine and accompanying video did not work at all. The water table play didn't do anything exciting, and the smocks all had hold in them which don't help keep your child dry. It looked like the place hadn't been cleaned in a while, and I couldn't wait to get my son out of there. We definitely will not go back.

2  Thank Michele A