Wonderscope Children's Museum of Kansas City
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Shawnee
More attraction details
Owner description: Wonderscope Children's Museum of Kansas City sparks a lifelong love of learning through the power of play. Wonderscope is a family-friendly place full of imaginative, interactive exhibits and programs where young children and adults can explore and discover the adventure of learning together.
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Ok at best”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

1st off let me tell you that having to pay for the adults is ridiculous. But, my daughters loved this place. Yes, it was a little dirty, but they still loved it. Their favorite part was playing "vet" to all the stuffed animals-but they do that at home anyway! Not worth the money to go when they have the same stuff as you would at home.

Gardner, Kansas
“Parents Pay!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The most ridiculous part about this place is that parents pay too! Parents pay at no other play place except this one, they have no coupons or deals and run nothing for parents during the week. It is a waste of money. If you want to take your kiddos someplace great and totally worth the money in Kansas City, head just down the road to Little Monkey Bizness. Get there before 9am, pay 5 bucks, but only for the kids and play for hours!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Tara285
Midwest, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Used to be fun, dirty and not maintained now”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We used to love spending hours at Wonderscope. The creative play options were so unique, and my son would BEG to go. I loved seeing what new and interesting things they would come up with each time. For a while the museum was doing well.

We've been very disappointed lately. Many exhibits have not been repaired and do not work well or are missing the "cool" pieces, so my son was not very interested in it anymore. What bothered me was how dirty it is there. I doubt it's been cleaned in a very long time. Even the water in the water tables was murky. I couldn't wait to leave.

For such a high price (they charge for adults, which the other museums we go to do not), I would expect much more. A cleaning crew, for starters.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank M R
Overland Park, Kansas, USA
8 attraction reviews
“Easy and fun!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My "creative" boys love the art room here, as well as building tracks for balls. I like that you can bring your own lunch and eat it at their tables!

Visited May 2012
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“OVERPRICED!!!!!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

$7/person is WAY too much for what little this place has!!!! My daughter who just turned 8 was not impressed at all. Their website makes it look a lot nicer than what it is. The ball room was fun but we definately will not be going back.

2 Thank mre7867