“Nothing worked”

Fritz's Railroad Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 127 Restaurants in Shawnee
Cuisines: American
Description: This location is relatively new, about a year? Great classic place for the whole family and conveniently located across from Powerplay in Shawnee.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We took our grandaughters there. We are from CA and they were looking forward to Fritz's because they saw it on TV. The phone for ordering didn't work and we had to chase down an employee to order. Our order was delivered by a food server and not the train system. The food wasn't anything worth the effort to get there. Overall, a lot of hype and no follow-through.

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

This is a must for kids. The burgers and fries are average and slightly overpriced but the atmosphere makes up for it. Any little one will love watching the trains deliver everyone's food.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I grew up near the original Fritz's on 18th, I frequent Fritz's every time I return to KC. This was the first time I had ventured to the Shawnee Fritz's! It was great, as always. They even had a TV with cartoons and a happy hour (Keeping up with Sonic, et al.)
I enjoy the GenDare and Cherry Limeades! Shakes, Onion rings are great too!
On this particular trip I was extremely pleased that the owner took time to visit and asking about our family. Great family business!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have eaten at the KC, KS location previously, but we stopped at this one as it was easier to get to on our way through town. Our kids loved it, and had great fun watching the model train, as well as the food delivery train. My son also loved being able to see sports on the big screen tv's. Kids liked their burgers and chicken nuggets, and my burger was very good as well. Onion rings were also excellent, which brings me to my one negative - very bland,standard crinkle cut french fries. At least show a little effort and have some variety of seasonings available (a la Freddy's and other places). Pricey for our family, so it wouldn't be a regular stop even if we lived in town, but it's a fun destination eatery on occasion. Staff was very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

An interesting experience for sure. Be warned it is loud in this restaurant - not great if you want to have lots of conversation. But it's entertaining to receive your order by train!