“Hampton Inn Marvelous”

Hampton Inn Kansas City/Shawnee Mission
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shawnee
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had never stayed at a Hampton Inn before and I could kick myself. There wasn't anything about our stay that made us regret our decision. Staff was wonderful, rooms & bed, relaxing, and hot breakfast delicious!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
2  Thank Julie B

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My family stayed at the Hampton Inn for Race Weekend, which made for a busy weekend. We didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel other than the mornings for breakfast. They had a large variety of food that worked for us adults as well as our picky children (aka, donuts). Our dilemma began when we arrived home at 10:00 pm and unpacked the car. My daughter noticed she had left her expensive pair of boots back in the hotel room. I immediately called the hotel to check and see if the housekeeping staff had found them. At night the front desk did not have access to housekeeping to check on our item. We had her call the GM to find out if we could call the staff from Sunday to ask about them, which they were unable to do. I was instructed to call back during housekeeping hours 6a-2p. My husband phoned by 0645 the next morning and the boots had not been found or turned in. He asked that the staff on duty that day be called at home just to double check, these were important to our daughter. I received a phone call by 0830 from the Housekeeping Manager that the boots were indeed found, they were not logged into their system correctly which is why she did not have that information earlier in the morning when we called. The hotel is now using FedEx to ship them to our home. We are thankful for the honesty and integrity of the Hampton Inn hotel staff in Shawnee, KS.

Room Tip: Rooms are standard to Hampton Inns, choose as you normally would.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Our room was rather noisy with doors slamming early in the morning and late at night. We were at the end of the hall where the other exit was. That might have been the reason. The breakfast was very good. The Hampton Inn was very close to my brother's house and was very convenient for our family's wedding. I would recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Room was extremely uncleanly and full of dust, it's clear the maid staff is paying little attention to detailed cleaning. Breakfast was on par with most other Hampton hotels, just average. Best bet would to look across the highway at the Courtyard.

• Stayed: April 2013
Randy B, Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City/Shawnee Mission, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

I just wanted to take the time to thank you for letting us know about your issues with your room and it not being cleaned to standards. We appreciate any feedback that our guests give us in order to make your future stays and other guest’s stays as pleasant as possible. I would be more than happy to talk with you and retrieve some more information about when you stayed with us so I can pinpoint what room and look into how we can correct it. Feel free to contact me at 913-248-1900. I do appreciate any extra information.

Randy Bull - G.M.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

As far as Hampton Inns go, this one is pretty average and starting to show some aging ... but still a great place to stay. The TV in my room was broke, but they were good to fix it. I've seen Hampton Inns offer a little more food than they did in their morning breakfast, but still not bad. Kathy was good to help me at the front desk with a change to my reservation, but she must have been having a bad day as she didn't seem to want to smile. I wish that the rooms had actual thermostats where you can select a temperature rather than having to do so from the window unit. But again, an alright (and convenient!) place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City/Shawnee Mission, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your time and for your comments you have posted. I do want to let you know that we are set to remodel the entire lobby to the new Hampton Inn Lobby. We are awaiting our approval and should have it done very soon now. I think this will help show we are updating our hotel. I do appreciate your business and can''t wait for you to see our new lobby. If you have any questions or additional comments, please feel free to contact me at 913-754-3885.

Thank you!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great area right off I 435. Near shopping in Overland Park and Legends. Great restaurants close by. Can't beat the price for quality. Great breakfast! Helpful and professional hotel staff. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank chris S
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The staff is the best. Everyone was helpful and friendly. Nice breakfast and wonderful choice of food. The room was clean and the beds are very comfortable. Bathroom was cleaned daily and amenities were lovely. I always stay at this hotel when in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawnee
Courtyard Kansas City Shawnee
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shawnee - Kansas City West
Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam
Hyatt Place Kansas City/Lenexa City Center
Drury Inn Kansas City Shawnee Mission
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West

Been to Hampton Inn Kansas City/Shawnee Mission? Share your experiences!