“Hereford House”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-435
Description: Hereford House is one of the finest steak houses in the United States. The Hereford House provides incredible food at reasonable prices in a casual atmosphere.
Reviewed December 19, 2013

The food here is always fantastic. Our server was well informed, as well as very personable. The Hereford House never disappoints, in the top quality of the food they serve

HerefordHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Hereford House - Shawnee, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate it. Happy Holidays from Hereford House to your House!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Being from Kansas City, I've eaten at my fair share of steakhouses here in the area. I haven't eaten at this particular Hereford House in several years, but on a Friday night we decided to give it a try on my husband's birthday. First, we arrived at 5:30 and had a 30 minute wait. No biggie....no reservation on a Friday night, but just two of us for dinner. Probably 3/4 of the people who came in turned around and left after seeing the wait. Once we were seated, I can say the service was lackluster. I guess I don't really feel like I am being picky when I list out the things that didn't meet with my standards for a high class steak joint, but also I keep in mind that these are just my opinions and the reviews for this particular Hereford House seem to be mixed. First, I wanted water with no ice....it came with ice. I told the waiter I wanted my steak with no red and very little pink in the middle.....I had to send it back twice so it wasn't bleeding....after we could track down our waiter. Again, I know this is my personal preference and all steak houses cook steaks differently and it's easier to cook it more vs. less, but there are people who don't want a bloody steak - like me. We were served one roll only.....no basket left on the table and nobody asked if we wanted another one after it was put on our plate and it was eaten. Our leftovers weren't boxed up for us to take home for us, we were just brought take-out containers to fill them ourselves. Again, all of these things are small little things but when our bill is nearly $100 for a dinner for two, I would expect top class service.

Overall, the food was decent but the prices seemed too high for what we got. We ordered the white chocolate bread pudding for dessert. I've never had bread pudding made with croutons, so that seemed odd. I can't say that it was the best food or service I've had, probably just middle of the road. The prices, however, diminished my satisfaction. The old "you get what you pay for" doesn't really seem to apply here because in my opinion, nearly $100 for two steak dinners and dessert is too high for what we received.

Next time we are craving a steak, we'll head to The Legends where there is a big variety of steakhouses.

I wish I liked my visit to Hereford House more than I did!

Thank you for your kind words, Happy Holidays from Hereford House to your house!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Went to this restaurant for family get together. The waitress said their rib eye was best steak in the house, but mine had
lots of gristle and was subpar. My mother chose the sirloin but said she's had better. Son liked his KC strip and the fillets were reportedly good. My husband said that the crab meat and sauce on his fillet was poor quality and wished he had gotten plain steak. Daughter in law said her ranch cheddar potatoes were very good, but rich. Husband's twice baked potato was lacking so he said a better choice would have been a plain potato. I liked the asparagus side, but son said that his "seasonal" vegetables were mushy. Overall, an okay place but nothing outstanding.

1  Thank Becky053
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is a good steak restaurant. Good variety of appertizers. Overall the steaks were just amazing. First time here but hope not the last. The service was good as well.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The food, atmosphere and staff are excellent. We had a meal here after a long day on the road. The bread pudding with flan, white chocolate and caramel sauce is exceptional.

1  Thank olenodak