“Nice place to stay”

and 1 more site!
Altenhofen Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Seneca
Reviewed March 17, 2012

This is a basic motel but it is very clean & the staff is polite. I have stayed several times on business but would not stay on personal trip do to the fact they are anti-gun. It has always been very quiet when I have stayed which I like. If you stay in Seneca you must go to to the Willows to eat dinner. I would have saved that for their profile but they do not have one on here. Also if you have time check out the City Fire Dept. museum.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rick S
There are newer reviews for Altenhofen Inn & Suites

Reviewed November 7, 2011

loved going back home and staying here made it feel welcoming. Its a very confortable place to stay. We enjoyed being close to the family. Great hospitality

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Our actual destination was Hiawatha, where our company usually books us into the cabins there, but they were full so we opted for the Settle Inn in Seneca on a recommendation from a collegue. Very pleased with our decision.The rooms were immaculate, the staff friendly and helpful and the breakfast in the morning was really quite enjoyable and had some nice choices. The weather was beautiful the week we were there (30 degrees) so we spend some of the evenings just walking around and the little RV park behind was really nice to sit, chat and have a drink. Unfortunately I didn't bring my bathing suit or I would have definately taken a dip in the pool. Next time!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
bluestem244, Owner at Altenhofen Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2015

We have a significant amount of commercial traffic because our guests are able to rest and relax while with us. We hope to always provide good value.

Reviewed September 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed here after a friend's wedding in Seneca. It was very quite and I slept just as well in their bed as I do at home. We had a king size bed on the bottom floor at the end of the hotel and it was very roomy, quiet and cozy. The beds have wonderful pillows and down comforters. The breakfast was adequate as well. Unfortunately we didn't have time to use the indoor heated pool but it looked really nice. The hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful as well.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2010

This is a new hotel. Front-desk staff are wonderful, they have that midwestern small-town hospitality. We stayed in a 2-queen room and it was spotlessly clean. I liked having the vanity sink outside the bathroom. We stayed on the top floor at the back of the hotel and had no highway noise at all. Our family loved the heated indoor pool. Breakfast was adequate. The best part was zero noise from other guests. The only thing I'd change (and this is a small item) is the bars of soap they provide are a little too strongly-scented for my nose, but I'm sensitive to those types of things. We would definitely stay here again without hesitation if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Settle Inn S, General Manager at Altenhofen Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

We were so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you on you next trip to Seneca!

Been to Altenhofen Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!