“Good experience but....”

Best Western El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Scott City
Reviewed August 11, 2013

One night stay. Good experience BUT My room had the slight odor of diesel.... I noticed lots of oilfield workers stay at this place. I had been on the road all day and it was the last room available. The staff took note of this.

Breakfast was great...I like their 'tornadoes' looks like a tortilla wrap with sausage, cheese and egg.

Overall good experience and will stay there again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lance W
Averil B, General Manager at Best Western El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you for writing a review of our property! I am sorry that you experienced a problem in your room regarding diesel smell. I am very happy that you took the time to mention this to a staff member. We can address this issue so future guests will not have to experience this. I am also happy that you enjoyed our full breakfast. I will mention this to our breakfast supervisor so she can include the tornadoes with future menus!

Again, thank you for speaking directly with our staff regarding your experience. It is with feedback and open communication from our guests we can continue to improve

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Traveling back from a 3 week vacation west where we came across some nice and not so nice places to rest.
The Best Western El-Quartelejo Inn located in Scott City Kansas was a true gem. Clean, clean, clean! The staff was helpful and the hotel was the "Best" we stayed in on our adventure. Hats off to them.
beth

Room Tip: No complaints, they gladly put on the side where we parked our motorcycle.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Averil B, General Manager at Best Western El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am so glad that you thought so highly of our hotel and the service you received while you stayed here. As a staff, we strive to provide an experience that we would expect if we were traveling as guests. It's nice to be known as being clean, helpful and friendly!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer and keep us in mind whenever you are in our area again!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Rude people, beds not comfortable, watered down juice. Clean room, especially the restroom area. Only problem with restroom is that the shower head what placed for short people and the head would not move from the back of the tub.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I would like to begin this response by thanking you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I believe I visited with you over the telephone regarding your experience while you were a guest here. Like I stated on the phone, I did have a meeting with my department supervisors and shared with them your property survey--and, in turn, they will share it with the employees they supervise. Having said this, we are using this as a learning tool and we are moving forward. I hope that you will give us another try.

For future reference, if you feel that you are being treated in a rude manner or something else isn't meeting your expectations, please have the desk clerk on duty call me or the front desk manager--one of us is always a phone call away and would have been happy to visit with you and correct the problem while you were here. It is our goal to correct the problem before it becomes a complaint--but we cannot do this without open communication from you, the guest.

Again, thank you for responding and I hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were headed home from S.Dakota and were much relieved to find this hotel still had vacancies for the night. The staff members were helpful, friendly, and courteous, and our room was immaculately clean with comfortable beds.This motel had a large, clean pool and hot tub and served an excellent full breakfast as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Averil B, General Manager at Best Western El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for writing a review of our property! I am so glad that our staff and facilites exceeded your expectations in the area of guest satisfaction! The pool and spa area is a popular place for guests. I am also glad that you found the area clean and inviting-- as well as the breakfast offerings being a positive experience for you. As a staff, we want to be sure that our guests are treated as a part of our family! Again, thank you for responding and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend and greatly enjoyed it. The lobby was decorated accordingly for the holiday. The rooms were extremely clean and spacious. The hot breakfast was excellent and never ran out of food. The staff were all nice and helpful. My family and I will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Averil B, General Manager at Best Western El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you so much for writing a review on our property! I am very happy that your stay here was pleasant and comfortable. As a staff, our main goal is to make every guest feel right at home. I am so glad that you felt that way! We hope to see you again in your future travels. If you do happen to stop through the area again, may I suggest visiting our beautiful Lake Scott State Park, Monument Rock Chalk Pyramids and the El Quartelejo Museum---all located a short distance from the hotel. Again, thank you and enjoy your summer!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Ron checked us in and Donna was getting off her shift. They put us down the hall where there were no children. Both of them were so nice and spent our extra time chatting with them while we were waiting for their computer system to come up. They helped us with a business discount that we were not expecting. Only thing we had negative to say is that when their system did come back up, it would not accept our debit cards. There were enough funds on our card as we used it the very next day, so we just thought it was because of the system down. Their full breakfast was very good and in stock. The beds were comfortable with more than enough pillows and the rooms were clean and well maintained. We travel a lot for business so we have seen our fair share of bad hotels. This one ranked very high on our list and will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Averil B, General Manager at Best Western El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am so glad that our staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable during your stay here. I will share this review with our staff so they know that their outstanding service to our guests does not go unnoticed. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast, We strive to offer a variety of foods everyday. I do, however, apologize for the difficulty you experienced with our computing system when you arrived. We are in the process of upgrading it so when you visit us again your check-in experience will be less painful!

Again, thank you for responding and hope to see you soon!

Been to Best Western El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!