“What a blessing to have this hotel in Scott City!”

Best Western El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Scott City
Falcon, Colorado
“What a blessing to have this hotel in Scott City!”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I was born and raised in Scott City. I don't remember any of the other hotels in town ever being as nice as this one! The halls had been painted when my family and I stayed over Christmas, an indication that I hope the owners are committed to the upkeep of this facility. The breakfast was good and there was coffee available all day. Our room had a microwave and fridge, nice for keeping our snacks fresh. I do think the price was a little high, but my holidays were made so much nicer because my husband and family had a nice, clean, quiet place to stay after a day of being with extended family.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Averil B, General Manager at Best Western El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Dear Amanda:

On behalf of our entire team, we are very happy that we have met/exceeded your expectations during your hotel stay at our property. During our daily work here, we are constantly trying to think "like a guest." With that being said, we are extremely proud of our hotel and the local ties to it. We are constantly maintaining everything from the exterior to the breakfast menu so every part of the hotel will look fresh and inviting. We are so glad that you decided to stay with us at holiday time, and hope that you come see us again. Happy New Year!

Best Western El Quartelejo Inn and Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Clovis, New Mexico
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Stopped here on way to NE. Property is only 3 yrs. old. Very comfortable, clean, friendly front desk staff. Pool small but good enough for a brief workout. Exercise and laundry rooms. Tasty breakfast. Chose this over the Holiday Inn Express as last time we stayed there it had become rather shabby.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
I am so happy to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant one. I read that you enjoyed our pool and spa. We have had some great comments on it--due to the fact that both are salt water--no chlorine! I hope you come back and stay with us during your next trip through Kansas. The Scott City area takes pride in our hometown hospitality! There is never a stranger!

Pratt, ks
Reviewed November 2, 2011

My family and I were staying on business. It was a work trip. Got 2 rooms reserved. Informed them that we needed a late checkout on the second day in case our job ran over, we'd need another night. They said okay. Our job got delayed last minute and went to front desk to get another night. They said no, they're booked up. They didn't care the least. I asked if I could speak to someone and another rude lady told us, they're booked up and there's nothing they could do. I explained the situation and they asked what company I worked for. When our company wasn't important enough, they said we had to leave today. I told them we had our families with us and I had a 2 week old daughter and a two year old daughter and my wife and they basically didn't care. I told them that this was horrible. They said "why didn't you tell us? We had two cancellations that we've already filled". When I told them we did, they acted like we were lying. Now I was mad. We checked for other hotels and there were NO VACANCIES due to company workers and hunters. Again, they said it didnt' matter. I told them that I knew it wouln't make a difference if they did have any vacancies I knew they wouldn't give it to us, and the manager on duty said, "no it wouldn't make a difference." I can't remember the last time I was so angry. It was all I could do to keep my countenance. I spent 400 dollars on two nights and it was the worst hotel stay I've had EVER. My family and my boss's family all walked out the front door with our stuff and never got so much as an "I'm sorry". This Small town hotel has the worst hospitality. They're attitude reflected a small town mentality that the world revolves around them and no one else is any concern to them. If you're not a big company worker or a hunter, they don't care.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Dale T
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Best Western El Quartelejo Inn and Suites. I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Please know that we take your comments to heart and we are constantly working on improving every aspect of our property. We do appreciate your business and hope you will give us another try the next time you are in town.

Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed August 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed here two nights in early June as I was riding my bicycle in BAK 2011. The front desk clerk was awesome and very helpful in telling us what to do and see in Scott City. The hotel was very clean and everything still looked as if it was "just built". We really enjoyed our stay here and if ever we find yourselfs back in Scott City we will be back here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Texans4Adventure
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Certainly one of the most unpleasant hotel stays we've ever had. About the only good thing about this hotel is that it was available. We were looking for a room at the last minute and it was the only available place we could find from Scott City to Garden City. And since it appears we got the last room available, it stands to reason that we got the worst room.

To that end, whatever you do, do not take the room on the ground floor right next to the exit door. Whoever designed this hotel gave it an exit door that slams shut. And the area right outside the door is where everyone gathers to smoke. So the door opens and closes regularly until at least 11 p.m. That destroyed any possibility of sleeping before 11. On top of that, there were a large number of construction workers staying at the hotel. They get up at 6 a.m., as evidenced by the person whose job it is to walk up and down the hall knocking on doors at 6 a.m., followed by the requisite opening and slamming of room doors as the gentlemen headed to breakfast. The management is aware of all of this, as the door slamming at night and in the morning can easily be heard at the front desk. (And, as you can see by the attached photo, they know that the workers track lots of mud into the place.)

All in all, the worst $100 I ever spent.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ground floor near the exit door
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank kcboy
Midway, Utah
Reviewed March 9, 2011

This is the best motel in Scott City. The rooms are very clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly and helpful. Nice breakfast.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
denver
Reviewed January 29, 2011

well we checked in and to our surprise this was mostly a workers hotel...so about 5 pm. the halls fill up with worker yelling up and down the hall ways drinking beer ...tracking mud every where and about 6 am you will be woked up to the worker going to work right next door ..yes there a work site not 80 feet from the hotel .. it seems they cater to the worker and disregard the other ..very rude when we where asking about the noise.. didnt seem to care ... guess they figure they got your money so who care kinda attitude..very over priced for what it is.. we ended up leaving and finished our stay in the town down the road..

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank travler92

Been to Best Western El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!