“Very dissapointed”

Best Western El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Scott City
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Certainly one of the most unpleasant hotel stays we've ever had. About the only good thing about this hotel is that it was available. We were looking for a room at the last minute and it was the only available place we could find from Scott City to Garden City. And since it appears we got the last room available, it stands to reason that we got the worst room.

To that end, whatever you do, do not take the room on the ground floor right next to the exit door. Whoever designed this hotel gave it an exit door that slams shut. And the area right outside the door is where everyone gathers to smoke. So the door opens and closes regularly until at least 11 p.m. That destroyed any possibility of sleeping before 11. On top of that, there were a large number of construction workers staying at the hotel. They get up at 6 a.m., as evidenced by the person whose job it is to walk up and down the hall knocking on doors at 6 a.m., followed by the requisite opening and slamming of room doors as the gentlemen headed to breakfast. The management is aware of all of this, as the door slamming at night and in the morning can easily be heard at the front desk. (And, as you can see by the attached photo, they know that the workers track lots of mud into the place.)

All in all, the worst $100 I ever spent.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ground floor near the exit door
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kcboy

Reviewed March 9, 2011

This is the best motel in Scott City. The rooms are very clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly and helpful. Nice breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2011

well we checked in and to our surprise this was mostly a workers hotel...so about 5 pm. the halls fill up with worker yelling up and down the hall ways drinking beer ...tracking mud every where and about 6 am you will be woked up to the worker going to work right next door ..yes there a work site not 80 feet from the hotel .. it seems they cater to the worker and disregard the other ..very rude when we where asking about the noise.. didnt seem to care ... guess they figure they got your money so who care kinda attitude..very over priced for what it is.. we ended up leaving and finished our stay in the town down the road..

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank travler92
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Checked into this hotel at 5am to sleep! Was placed into a room that was next to a meeting room. Great meeting, funny people & felt like I was part of it. After no sleep I asked the front desk for a discount on their very expensive room. I was denied and walked out to my car and decided to go back and speak with management. I was told by the front desk that he was not available and then offered a 10 dollar discount. That was insulting and she was rude! I placed a call to the GM and after 24 hours he never returned my call. I decided to keep calling and he finally accepted my call; I explained the situation and he explained to me that his staff was unlike what I explained and that I was offered a discount. I told him that I was only offered a discount because I was asking for management and that she previosly had explained that the
GM had said no. NO SLEEP AND GM THAT CALLS HIS GUEST A LIAR WHEN THEY COMPLAIN. HE THEN HUNG UP ON ME. There are plenty of other choices of places to stay in this town, I would reccommend trying the local Bed And Breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank 3million
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Very clean, comfortable, and modern hotel with kind and friendly staff. We enjoyed a delicious, full breakfast --the waffles are wonderful!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2010

very good free breakfast included with room, hot tub and pool, very clean and comfortable

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Brand new hotel, I stayed there twice last summer and never had any complaints. Staff were very friendly, lobby is really nice looking and rooms are clean. Never had any issues with noise. My favorite part of staying here was that they had Bath and Body Works soap/shampoo/cond., which probably doesn't matter to most people, but after staying in hotels 4 days a week for the entire summer it was a really nice treat to not have the regular stinky cheap hotel soaps! Hotel is closeby to fast food restaurants and on the south end of town. Just be prepared to pay more since it's new.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank mcbitb

Been to Best Western El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!