“Horrible service, RUDE service! Cold food.”

Josie's Ristorante and Lounge
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Scammon
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My family and I have gone to Josie's several times for dinner over the last few years. Each time we leave with a bad taste in our mouth however the last trip we made for dinner will be the last and left me with no choice but to leave them a terrible review.
We ordered our drinks from our server which was very rude when she returned with the drinks she did not give us any straws, simple enough my wife asked if she could have a straw and the server THREW her straw on the table and rolled her eyes!!! Just as other reviews have suggested my food was cold, I mean cold in the center cold, with the attitude we got for asking for straws I didn't want to chance asking her to reheat my food! God only knows what would have been done to it back there!! Never again! I live in the area and have told everyone I know about our experience.

5  Thank mhnukesu

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had the stuffed manicotti and my friend had the chicken alfredo...mine was not very warm at all but I said nothing then my gf said that hers was cold I tasted it and it was colder than mine not even warm...this was after a 30 minute wait for the food maybe it was sitting done for a while when server asked how it was I said it tasted ok but both entrees were cold he just gave me a blank stare..then handed me a bill for 55 bucks...the lady that rung me up at the register was very rude too don't think I will ever come back..they do not appreciate your business here

5  Thank Hillbilly81
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Never Again! We went to Josie's to give it another try & it was the worst dining experience we have ever encountered. Since they are family owned they do what ever they want & expect the customer to take it. There is no respect for the customer. Staff lives in fear of the owner. Food arrived cold. Asked for it to be warmed up & it was like asking for the world. I didn't pay $48 to eat cold food. My daughter had eaten earlier but wanted to go w/ us & they charged us for sitting in their chair. When asked about the $6.00 charge added to the ticket the owner YELLED: "No one sits here for free". $6.00 for not eating or ordering food? Are you kidding me! Pay the charges on the ticket or they call the police is what the owner yelled. How can you charge for a child to sit w/ their parents & not order food? We sat at a table for 4 since that is the smallest table they offer. Guess they charge by the chair. She did order a $2.50 soda to drink so it costs us $8.50 for her to sit there & drink a soda. This surprise came when the bill was left @ the table. My husband asked before paying what the $6.00 charge was for & the owner replied in a loud & rude voice. Beware that they can add any charge to your bill w/out your knowledge & they you have to pay it when the ticket arrives. Never again will we pay for cold food & then be charged for our child to sit w/ us. BTW..food was horrible. Hard to believe a business would do such underhanded practices but Josie's does & seems to take pride in it. Reported to the State of Kansas for their practices.

9  Thank happytillie
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Ok...I'm a local. And we have dined at Josies hundreds of times over the years. Yes...the service isn't the best. ESPECIALLY if they dont know you. But they know us....so i am probably going to get a better experience than most. The fried raviolis are out of this world...as is the lasagne. Awesome fresh bread...the antipasto is outa this world. The salad is so so. The dessert is awesome. The drinks are stout. I reccomend the Strawberry Daquri or the Pina Colada. Tyler is my fav bartender. The pasta sauce is sweet...a northern Italy specialty. You have never tasted Italian like this before! I recommend this place to anybody i know. Just get over the bad service issue before u get there. Dont be afraid to ask for what you want....but dont get too demanding. You will be asked to leave. On the minus side...hard to find if you dont already know where it is...and bring cash or a check to pay your bill. They are a holdout on the credit/debit card thing. Hey...Italians are notoriously grumpy. And this is no exception. This is the real deal...authentic Italian experience. Just dont get your feelings hurt!

1  Thank behind-th-9
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I think Scammon, KS is either where you live, or where you go to eat at Josie's. It's not far from some larger towns, and actually wouldn't be far out of the way for travelers following old Route 66 who, by their nature, ought to be up for a worthwhile side trip. (Scammon is about 30 miles NW of Joplin, MO; 17 miles SW of Pittsburg, KS). We've made the trip to Scammon three or four times. Josie's is a family operation and serves excellent Italian-American food. I like the simplicity of the rigatoni and homemade sauce. My family likes the fettuccine alfredo. We all enjoy the antipasto. I've also had the lasagna, and it was excellent too. Beware, the portions are large! Either come very hungry or plan on having some for lunch the next day. And, it's CASH, or maybe a local check. NO CREDIT CARDS. Get over that and hit the ATM on the way.