“The Real Deal”

Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Shawnee, Kansas
“The Real Deal”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Wow this place is great! Food was sooooo good and my wife is an Italian and I thought it would be hard to impress her with the food because she has a mother that cooks it all the time. She raved about it just like me. Get the jumbo lasagna and you will have to get a box for lunch the next day. Awesome!

Visited May 2013

Missouri
“Definitely Worth the Drive”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We live about an 1 1/2 hours away and made the drive last night to try out the place that I had been hearing about for years. It was worth it.

Josie's is the only thing in Scammon, a small 'has been' community, located on just off Hwy 7.

The food was plentiful and very good.

We started off with an appetizer of their homemade sausages w/ red sauce. Very tasty!

Dinner was lasagna and the fried meat ravioli. The lasagna was enough to feed 3 (can't imagine how big the jumbo would be) and quite good. The fried ravioli was good but I probably would not get again but that is mostly because I'm not that big of a ravioli fan. It is a 'recommended' dish so I had to give it a try. Each ravioli was filled with a small meat ball. The sauce was 'WOW' and full of garlic, which we love!

If I were to have only one complaint, a little more sauce would have been nice. But, that is my opinion. My husband differs.

They do have a full bar and a dessert menu but given that we did not eat half our meals we did not even look at either.

The waitress was telling us that their Alfredo Sauce was very rich. After having the red sauce, I can't wait to go back and give that a try.

We brought home enough leftovers two more meals each.

• Visited May 2013
Mulberry, Kansas, United States
“As Always - Top of the Line”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We make a trip to Josie's Ristorante in Scammon, Ks, every so often. The food is always delicious, and plentiful. This is an Italian Ristorante. The service is next to none. I give this Restaurant a big thumbs up. I highly recommend this place. Scammon is located north of Columbus, Ks. Make the trip, it's worth it. Enjoy.

• Visited March 2013
Pittsburg, Kansas
“Great Sweet Italian sauce”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Josie's is a great place for good Italian food and wine. The atmosphere is like that I would imagine to be in Italy. White table clothes, complimentary antipasto,& bread. A friendly staff. The red sauce is sweet and homemade, you haven't tasted anything like it!

Visited December 2012
Joplin
“Italian Food at it's Best; Cream Cake Dessert 5 Stars!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We like to travel around and enjoy eateries. One must really enjoy going to Josie's in Scammon, KS because the Italian dinners are so wonderful. They have a baked chicken dinner that is so good as well as the various (and authentic) various traditional Italian dishes. This place seeks out the very best and they serve for dessert a 'Slice of Heaven' with their "Italian Cream Cake" that comes from the Cake 4 Cake Bakery in Joplin, MO. You better take cash or perhaps a check since they don't accept credit or debt cards. Fortunately, we had cash. But, Josie's is in a class unto itself and we are told the owner works hard in the kitchen cooking the lucious dishes! A great family and party eatery as there were several parties and lots of families!

• Visited January 2013

Been to Josie's Ristorante and Lounge? Share your experiences!