“As Always - Top of the Line”

Josie's Ristorante and Lounge
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Scammon
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mulberry, Kansas, United States
“As Always - Top of the Line”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

We make a trip to Josie's Ristorante in Scammon, Ks, every so often. The food is always delicious, and plentiful. This is an Italian Ristorante. The service is next to none. I give this Restaurant a big thumbs up. I highly recommend this place. Scammon is located north of Columbus, Ks. Make the trip, it's worth it. Enjoy.

• Visited March 2013

Pittsburg, Kansas
“Great Sweet Italian sauce”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Josie's is a great place for good Italian food and wine. The atmosphere is like that I would imagine to be in Italy. White table clothes, complimentary antipasto,& bread. A friendly staff. The red sauce is sweet and homemade, you haven't tasted anything like it!

Visited December 2012
Joplin
“Italian Food at it's Best; Cream Cake Dessert 5 Stars!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

We like to travel around and enjoy eateries. One must really enjoy going to Josie's in Scammon, KS because the Italian dinners are so wonderful. They have a baked chicken dinner that is so good as well as the various (and authentic) various traditional Italian dishes. This place seeks out the very best and they serve for dessert a 'Slice of Heaven' with their "Italian Cream Cake" that comes from the Cake 4 Cake Bakery in Joplin, MO. You better take cash or perhaps a check since they don't accept credit or debt cards. Fortunately, we had cash. But, Josie's is in a class unto itself and we are told the owner works hard in the kitchen cooking the lucious dishes! A great family and party eatery as there were several parties and lots of families!

• Visited January 2013
Joplin, Missouri
“Josie's IS the REAL THING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Josie's Ristorante IS the finest Italian cuisine anywhere! It is fun to just drive to Scammon, Kansas--north of Columbus, Kansas. This place is delightful and the servers are all so kind and helpful. And the owner---Sally---is back in the kitchen with her hands in just about every meal served! Tha Baked Chicken, Meatballs & Spaghetti, Ravioli, and the Italian Cream Cake are items we enjoy. But there are many other great items on the menu. You can enjoy a cocktail in the bar before dinner. Just remember, this place only takes cash and checks--no credit cards! We strongly recommend this place and the entire family can enjoy an evening together!
Michael and Mary Nelson

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Titan44532
“The food is fantastic, but the service is awful.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I grew up in Scammon, and we would get Josie's carry out from time to time. I always loved the fried ravioli. The service was good when I was young, but the last couple years it has gone from bad to horrendous! The servers act as though you have no right to get decent service. During my most recent visit, we had a group of 5, and after we were seated it took almost 20 mins for a server to get us. And no it was not very busy yet. From my vantage point it looked as though the girls that were serving were more interested in their conversation than their tip. When she was taking our order, she rolled her eyes and said " Really?", very sarcastically to my mom when she asked for her sauce on the side. We will NOT be going back. Their ravioli are my favorite, but I will not pay someone to treat my family and I like we not worth their time. You know what? You work at a restaurant, people come in there to eat, they expect, at least, DECENT service, not indifferent, rude, or down right mean servers. I know many of them are grandkids, nieces, nephews or family friends, but that should make no difference. If you don't want to serve people, than maybe you should make a career move, otherwise, suck it up a treat the people that contribute to your paycheck like human beings. I will be telling everyone I know about how we were treated, and I'll bet there will be more people not coming back.

2 Thank Frenchlikefries