“Great experience”

Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Union, Kentucky
“Great experience”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

First I have to compliment the staff. They were courteous, professional, and helpful. The hotel is clean. Free breakfast, free wireless internet, a business area, nice pool and hot tub, and coffee in the room are all included. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank daytonky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Newcastle
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We stayed here on our way home from Colorado. First time we had stayed at an AmericaInn. I orginally called because I thought it was a Comfort Inn as shown on my TomTom that needed to be updated. I'm glad I had not updated it as this Inn had the best bed we had slept in on this trip...it was as comfy as our bed at home! Will definately stay at AmericaInn again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Linna C
Joshua K, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Salina, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Linna,
I'm so glad you and your party stayed with us during your time in Salina. We know you had many choices, and we are always grateful for the opportunity to serve our busy travelers. I also appreciate your wonderful comments; it's so nice to hear you had such a wonderful experience and we are so thankful you allowed us to provide our services. I hope to see you again in the near future on your next trip!
Ellsworth, Kansas, United States
Reviewed February 27, 2012

For the price we paid, this was an exceptional motel. Rooms were clean, bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. Front desk staff was very helpful. This was recently remodeled and looks very nice. I was impressed with how quiet rooms were. We stayed in a king suite and there was plenty of room for our kids to move around in the room. There was a fridge and microwave in the room. I would stay here again...

Room Tip: King suites were not connecting. Double rooms did have connecting doors.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We always appreciate hearing from our guests and welcome any feedback. I am so pleased that you and your party enjoyed your stay with us. We are committed to providing excellent accommodations for our guests everytime, and we certainly looked forward to serving you again soon!
Sydney
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We are from Australia and over nighted here in Salina on our way to CO.

I booked from my Iphone via xpedia, they charged me $101.00 including all fees, charges and taxes.

When I checked in I was given an invoice with the price of the room at $68. Now this I believe is not the hotels fault more xpedias and I will be chasing them up via email.

The hotel its self looks nice from the outside and is ok on the inside.

It was clean but the rooms are getting a bit old, the AC is loud but I slept through it ok.

Breakfast was included and being from Aus we round it fascinating to see a Waffle mix dispenser and Waffle Iron in the breakfast room for us to use. We also had some Kellogs cearial and some Bread. Breakfast was NICE.

So I guess to surmise, the place is nice, staff were nice, its worth $68, make sure you pay $68, the rooms are clean and large but getting a bit old.

Would I stay there again? No is the answer.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TC182TC
Canon City, Colorado
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We have been staying at Americinns for quite some time because we love their soundproof rooms & everything else about them. Well this place was quite a shocker !!! We cant believe that they have put their good name on this crapper ! It is a former Comfort Inn & if we had known ahead of time we would have ran the other way ! It is shabby and noisy noisy noisy ...nothing soundproof about this one. You could hear people in the next room , people in the hall , people outside , doors slamming all over the place and the walls and floor actually shook when the really noisy people came in. Traffic sounds were loud too. Our floor was sqeaky . There was a workdesk between the beds (instead of a nightstand) with no place to plug in the computer. There was no separate table for your computer. I needed to recharge my battery and do some work and could not because I would have to unplug the lamp to do it. At 10 pm the people next door came rolling in and turned their little kid loose and it ran back and forth and back and forth , sounded like a herd of buffalo over there so at 10:30 we called the front desk to complain. And they did handle the problem promptly. Breakfast was not good either. The waffles were nasty . The only good thing was the bananas and the yogurt. The staff was very nice here...the ONLY good thing about it !!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for your stay not being satisfactory. This is unacceptable, and I apologize. Since re-branding to the AmericInn, we have made great strides in providing our guests with exceptional service and a great experience. We have recently remodeled our property in Nov. 2011 and have only strengthened our drive to serve our guests. Being one of the new managers here at AmericInn, I am commited to doing everything in my power in ensure each guest is comfortable and satisfied with his or her stay. I hope you will not let this one experience deter you and your party from staying with us again the in future. We would love to have you here with us again so we may welcome you to your hotel.
Grand Island, Nebraska
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed here because it had good reviews and was cheap and had a pool. I almost booked through one of the travel websites, then decided to go directly to the AmericInn website and see if they had any deals, and they did. I ended up saving 25% for booking last minute. Overall the place was okay, you could tell it was a little older and in need of some work, but for the most part was clean. I would be giving this better marks, but it was quite obvious this used to be a smoking room. The pool was fine, and the breakfast was typical with waffles, cereal, toast and rolls.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank bsm4u
Meade, Kansas
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend in Salina Kansas and we were pleased with the accomodations and the friendly staff. Great price too. They were full but still handled everything with ease. We would go back again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family