“Many stays, never a bad experience.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Salina
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Salina
Kansas City, Missouri
“Many stays, never a bad experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I'm here 5-6 times a year since 04. Over 1,200 nights at a Marriott property so I've seen a few Fairfields. I've never had a bad stay. Rooms are always clean, staff is friendly and the Internet speed rocks. It's a small town so nearby restaurants are limited but good. There is a great BBQ place down the street and the hotel is just off I70. Also a very good Mexican place is nearby. Room rates are so reasonable.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had two rooms booked, and both were very clean on our checking in. The portable crib we requested was already set up in the room when we arrived. Everything was clean and well maintained, and AC kept the rooms cool on a very warm night. Breakfast was kept well stocked, which kept the staff busy as it was a very crowded morning. We were at the end of the hall, and didn't hear any noise from the hallway or other rooms. Very good value with our priceline rate as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Knoxville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

The staff here was great allowing us a late checkout. The rooms are a little dated and the beds not up to what I expect at a Marriot establishment. The walls are thin and the traffic noise was bad. Even with the a.c. on, the noise kept us awake. The building overall looks like it could use some good maintenance.

• Stayed June 2013
Castle Rock, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stay at Marriotts no matter where I am at because I know I will always get good customer service and a good room. Clearly I was wrong when it came to the Fairfield Inn in Salina. We reserved a room and showed up to check in. We received our keys and grabbed everything out of the car and went to our room. Our room was disgusting. Used soap bars, towels everywhere, and the bed had clearly been used. We we went to the front desk, they told us they had no additional rooms and would have to send us somewhere else. After loading our car back up and going to the new hotel which by the way was a motel quality stay, they advised me the manager would call me on Monday when she got in. I called Monday to find out she was actually out until Thursday on a business trip. That was okay and the guy was doing what he could to assist me. Then I received a phone call from the next desk clerk. Jimmy Harlow who became incredibly combative and emotional when I insisted that I receive an answer as to what will happen with the 170 dollars I had paid. She then said, "Well we put you at another hotel" as if that makes a dirty room acceptable. When I told her it didn't she began to get more frustrated and said, "I dont get paid enough to deal with this" and threatened to hang up on me. When I called her on her behavior she said, "this call is recorded" So now Marriott is illegally recording phone calls without the caller's consent? I am SHOCKED by this event. Thankfully http://Hotels.com refunded my entire transaction.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Greenback, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Very nice room, really clean and large. Overall was very quiet as far as street noises were concerned. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast amenities were standard as most places, plentiful, fresh and the dining area was clean. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Susan L
Spearfish, South Dakota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I had read some reviews saying that this hotel was outdated and other not so nice things so I wasn't expecting much! When we arrived I was greeted by the awesomely friendly front desk attendant. Our room was very clean and cool and I loved that the white sheets and comforter showed that the bed was very clean! There were 5 pillows on every bed!!!!!! Then there was actually shampoo AND CONDITIONER in the bathroom! For someone with lots of hair like me, this was a super bonus! The bathrooms were very well lit and even though they weren't the most modern, they were extremely clean and the shower head was fabulous! The breakfast attendant, Verna was an absolute gem! She treated my kids very well and was so helpful! I would absolutely stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Nice little Fairfield Inn. Unfortunately for arrivals in rain/snow/ice/wind, there is no canopy over the entrance, and no electrically operated sliding front doors. Unloading/loading baggage is therefore difficult, especially if you are not travelling light! Otherwise, everything good, considering the age of the property. Especially welcoming to Canadians (who sometimes come down, wearing air force uniforms, to train over "pancake Kansas." The price ($70 + tax was right, too! It's a bit out of town, but right beside the interstate.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, maybe ask for a room that is not facing the Hwy.