“Met my expectations”
Review of Hampton Inn Salina

Hampton Inn Salina
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My granddaughter and I do a 24 hour time together during the summer. Hampton Inn was an excellent place to stay for this. We enjoyed the Salina Community Theater Musical "13", the shopping, and the restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jacquie A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salina, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

We are so glad that you chose our hotel for your 24 hours with your granddaughter. Our staff appreciates the compliments and we work hard to make every guests stay enjoyable. Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We reserved two rooms, when we arrived we found out they were on two different floors...ugh. Ok they were full so we shuffled the kids and made it work. After digging through luggage and getting the kids in swimming suits we find the pool closed. " I'm sorry we are having trouble with the chemistry". Now the kids are upset too. Rooms were small and the hotel was disappointing for a Hampton.
I expected more-save your money and stay at a cheaper hotel in town...the benefits are the same.
PS. The orange juice was empty at breakfast...

Stayed: August 2014
Jacquie A, Manager at Hampton Inn Salina, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

We are very sorry that your stay with us was disappointing. We strive to make everyone's stay here at Hampton Inn-Salina feel like home. In regards to the pool, I realize how disappointing it was to the children. We have fixed the problem and can assure you that this will not happen again. We encourage you to give us another try and promise this will not happen again.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

The first room we were given smelled very strong of cigarette smoke, even though hotel is advertised as non-smoking. We were told this room was an old smoking room prior to the city banning smoking. We were given another room which smelled fine. However, this hotel is old, the rooms are small, they do not offer any suites, and the bathrooms are very bad. Tubs in both rooms were dirty. Pool and hot tub were dirty. The only good thing was the breakfast, which was outstanding for an "express" breakfast. Otherwise, stay elsewhere.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are very sorry for any inconvenience you had during your stay at the Hampton Inn-Salina, KS. We will be upgrading our rooms soon and encourage you to give us another try.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Hotel was OK. We had to move rooms the first time, filled with smoke bathroom door did not close. Second room was better but air was noisy and clock did not work. Staff was great, responsive friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Stuff in the hotel just seemed a little dated. I would go somewhere else next time

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I like staying at Hampton Inns when I am traveling. This one was an older one and not as fancy as others I have stayed at but the room was clean and bed was comfortable. Breakfast was also good. My only complaint was that the hot tub was out of commission and after a long day of driving I enjoy relaxing in the hot tub so that was disappointing.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Friendly staff, clean room, reasonable price. Breakfast was especially good, even when compared to other Hampton Inns. The room smelled musty upon check in, but the smell went away quickly. Overall, great stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Hampton Inn Salina only for one night. It is very comfortable and quiet, good bed. As I forgot to get American power adaptor it was important for me to find there USB power ports to recharge my smartphone :)

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business