“Love the Place!”

Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Fort Worth, United States
“Love the Place!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The hotel is located right off the interstate, convenient! It is clean, bright and comfortable. The staff are very nice and checking in was a breeze. The room was comfortable and a nice size. I will stay there again, no problem!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kymberly_Metcalf, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salina, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff were so friendly and accommodating. I hope to have you return should your travels bring you back this way.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I am a Hilton Honors member so I have come to expect a great night stay at a Hampton Inn. I was not dissapointed. We were bringing my future stepson to college and stayed here before he could move into the dorms. Breakfast was good and the room was very clean with as always the most comfortable bed. My stepson is a Freshman so we will be making frequent trips over the next 4 years so rest assured this will be our go to place as long as the rates don't get too high. The only thing I noticed was that the carpet in the halls was starting to show some age or needed a good cleaning.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review. It is always nice to hear when guests enjoy their stay. I am glad that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip back to Salina.
Shawnee, Kansas
Reviewed February 11, 2014

One of the best hotels we've been in for friendliness and helpfulness of staff. Sheila (at the front desk) engaged well with us and our internationally-adopted son. We actually forgot something in our room, and Sheila contacted us and made sure that we got it back. Excellent hotel in a convenient location.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

It is always nice to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay with us. It is always wonderful to hear that our associates exceeded your expcectations as well. I will be sure to pass your comments along to Sheila. Thank you for your compliments. We look forward to your staying with us again.
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

We got there almost near 10pm and the front desk sweetheart said she would probably be late closing the hot tub. With a wink, we hurried and enjoyed a little rest there. Could be hotter!
Great breakfast. Very clean. Great stay!

Stayed December 2013
I am also delighted to hear that our associates were friendly. I will pass on your compliments to them. It is also nice to hear that our property exceeded your expectation. I hope that we will see you again when visiting Salina.
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I had to wait more than 20 minutes to check out because the Person at the front desk left me to open the fitness room and then did not know how to change the ink cartridge in the printer. Other than that I found everything else in fairly good shape. location was good and the check in process was very smooth. Room was clean. Overall service until check out was as I expected. My career has taken me on the road for 25 years and this is the very first time I was late for an appointment due to the whole check out process.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kymberly_Metcalf, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salina, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service. I have addressed these issues with check-out with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience a hopefully improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Kansas City
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This fairly standard Hampton Inn sits at the very very south end of town where the main drag (9th Street) intersects I-135, which is the shortcut to Wichita. It sits next to a Walmart, and all the chain restaurants in town are close by. It misses Salina's interesting downtown, and if you're traveling east or west on I-70, it's a few miles out of the way.

That said, I liked the updated lobby, and my room met all expectations except one: the round table in lieu of desk made it hard to get work done. Will definitely stay here again, as the hotel choices in Salina are limited, to say the least.

Room Tip: Rooms face generally north and south. Views are unremarkable both directions.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank lesuerg
Minnesota
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We have been staying at this hotel twice a year for the past seven years when we travel to Texas to visit family. We have noticed on our last two visits that the quality of this hotel is slipping a bit. We don't mind paying a little more for a room if they offer a decent hot breakfast in the morning, this hotel's breakfast was horrible on our last visit! We arrived in the breakfast area around 8:30am to find everything practically empty, we were literally scraping the bottom of the containers. Everything from the eggs to the oatmeal was empty. We did see the breakfast attendant present but clearly NOT doing her job, she was busy visiting with people in the lobby instead of filling the food (the attendant was an older lady named Phoebe). Also the quality of the food has declined, they rarely serve bacon or sausage anymore, they now serve some funky processed "ham" product which is totally disgusting. They don't even have sweet rolls anymore, they now serve some bite size rolls that are so dried out that you can't even eat them! It is obvious that they are skimping on the breakfast which is too bad because loyal customers are used to a certain level of quality and this hotel is slowly falling far behind. We have decided to look for a different hotel for our next visit.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kymberly_Metcalf, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salina, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
I appreciate your recent review of our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with your breakfast and we will review our offerings, keeping your recommendations in mind. However, Hilton does set strict menu standards for us and we do follow them. Thank you for your comments.