“Not so romantic weekend”
Review of Hampton Inn Salina

Hampton Inn Salina
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Wichita, United States
“Not so romantic weekend”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Upon entering our room, we were met with the smell of stale or old smoke. We immediately went to the front desk to be assigned a different room and was told there were no King rooms left available but we could move to a double queen. Utilizing the advance reservation/payment program and being told upon arrival that our room had been settled, we were presented with a bill and letter requesting we return to the front desk for payment prior to departure. I have confirmed that yes I have paid for an unsatisfying room TWICE! Yes I will pursue getting the matter rectified.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kymberly_Metcalf, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salina, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience with us. I apologize to hear that you had a negative encounter as far as your room assignment was concerned. We always do everything that we can to accommodate our guests, and I'm sorry that you had an issue. We thank you for your feedback. As you are aware we have credited the double charge for the room aswell as invoked our 100% guarantee for your stay. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can be of any other assistance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Quincy, Illinois
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed at the Hampton in Salina on our recent trip to and from Denver. This seems like a newer Hampton and is in very good condition. Our rooms were comfy and clean. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful.

Can't comment on the breakfast offerings, as we headed for the IHOP on both visits. But the coffee was good.

My only criticism is the waxed paper cups they put in the rooms soak through easily. They are what I'd expect at a Days Inn or Super 8, not a Hampton or any of the Hilton brands.

If we cross Kansas again, We'll probably stay at this Hampton again.

1 Thank wfgjr
Kymberly_Metcalf, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salina, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing Hampton. I am pleased that you enjoyed both of your stays with us. We strive to make every stay memorable. Thank you for your compliments. I will pass them on to our associates. We look forward to your next visit.
Bullard, United States
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We can always count on great service clean and well appointed rooms and good breakfasts when travelling and staying at any of the Hilton Family Hotels. That gives us one less stress when driving across country.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your review and your continued loyalty to Hilton. It is always great to hear how wonderful the staff are as they always strive to WOW each and every guest that walks through the door. I am also please that you enjoyed our On The House hot breakfast. Safe travels and we look forward to seeing you again!
Washington, MO
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Comfy room, gracious staff, satisfying am meal what we expect from Hampton! Nice touch was ice water dispenser in lobby. Salina city water is highly chlorinated and this respite was welcomed! The breakfast burrito was delicious too! Sheila you were very sweet!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
I wanted to reach out to you to thank you for your feedback on the Hampton Inn Salina. I am pleased that you had a pleasant experience and that we continuously exceed your expectations. Sheila is wonderful and I will be sure to pass this along to not only her, but our entire team. We do truly strive to make sure each guest has an outstanding stay whether they are here on business or simply leisure.
Windsor
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed at the Hampton as we know the quality of the rooms, As expected room was clean and quiet. We wanted a reliable place to stay and this location came through, Front desk was very friendly and efficient. The room was clean and ready when we arrivied

Room Tip: quiet room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kymberly_Metcalf, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salina, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other travelers. We have wonderful team who really enjoy their job and all work together to help keep our property clean and well maintained. We are so happy that you had a great time at the Hampton Inn Salina and look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Hayfield, Minnesota
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was our "go to" hotel while my daughter was attending college at KWU. It was on the other side of the city, but it was a straight shot down the road to the college. Always had clean beds, great breakfast, and an awesome staff. We had a wedding this past spring in Salina so we stayed here again. They updated the labby and it was fantastic. Beautifully done. Well worth the money! Still have great beds, clean rooms and a fantastic breakfast!
I recommend it to anyone traveling through Salina because it is right off the interstate.

Room Tip: I always stay on the bottom floor - I have yet to get woken up by any noise!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor as we value the feedback left by each guest. I am delighted that you have always had pleasant experiences and that we exceeded your expectations. Each employee takes pride in assuring each and every person that steps foot through our doors has an enjoyable stay. I am glad that you like the updates that we have done this far, we have many more planned during the next couple of months. Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel.
Elgin, Nebraska
Reviewed September 4, 2013

While in Salina attending a conference involving United Methodist clergy and lay people, I stayed at the Hampton. Service was great Great. Hospitality and Cleanliness were excellent. I enjoyed the pool, Morning breakfast was Fair to Good, way too much stuff out of the box. I just am not used to scrambled eggs that are perfect circles, It appeared they came out of a box in the freezer section. Cookies and Coffee all day is always nice. I certainly would considered staying at the Hampton in Salina, Kansas if I was in the area again in the future.

Room Tip: I have never been disappointed staying at a Hapton.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I am delighted to hear that our friendly staff and room clealiness exceeded your expectations. I apologize our breakfast did not live up to your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and rest assured that it will be used for future improvements.