“Great Stay”

Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Toledo
“Great Stay”
Reviewed March 12, 2008

Great stay. Most of the desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. I needed to use the wireless internet the night after checking out and they still allowed me to come and sit in the lobby and use the internet well after I had checked out.

The internet speed is very fast as I had to use it to send video back to work on my trip. Probably the fastest wireless internet I've come across. The hotel is located right off I-135.

• Liked — The wireless internet access is fast and free.
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chicago
Reviewed January 14, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and have always had a great room and great service. The staff is friendly and always helpful. The free breakfast is also well stocked with a variety of items.

• Liked — Nice new facilities.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
colorado
Reviewed November 27, 2007

We loved the Hampton Inn in Salina, Kansas. It is difficult to find a hotel that will accomodate a family of 5 in one room but they were great to work with. The hotel was very reasonably priced. The room was spacious, pristine and the bathroom was gorgeous. The most comfortable beds we have ever slept on at a hotel. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. The hotel staff was most helpful to help with some allergies of our family members. We asked them to book another Hampton Inn a days' drive ahead and they were happy to do so. We are Hampton Inn fans now!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
Denver, Cold-orado
Reviewed August 28, 2007

My family (2 adults & 2 small children) stayed here in Aug 2007 and loved it. We were driving from Tulsa to Denver and used Salina as a half-way stopping point. I selected this hotel based on past experiences with Hamptons and the reviews here. I was not disappointed. The room was great, beds were comfortable and hotel very clean and quiet. It was just what we were looking for.

The hotel's location is great! Easy to find off I-135; next to a gas station/convenience store & Wendy's and across the street from Wal Mart. There were also several "chain" restaurants within a few blocks of the hotel. The continental breakfast was great (like most Hamptons) and even though we didn't have time to use it, I noticed several families enjoying the indoor pool. We would stay here again.

• Liked — Location and quality
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank ebra9
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 13, 2007

I stayed at the Hampton Inn on Thursday and Friday nights (May 3 and 4 2007). The room itself was quite nice, with updated bed linens. The hotel receptionist was pleasant and the continental breakfast the next day was better than most.

The hotel is right off the highway for easy access. I was pleasantly surprised by it - nicer than your typical Hampton.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
Midwest USA
Reviewed July 9, 2006

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Salina on our way to Colorado. No problems or unpleasant surprises. The indoor pool is good size. Room was clean but a bit on the small side. Bathroom was nice and clean. Breakfast was pretty good. No noise issues. Several decent restaurants are in the immediate vicinity.

• Stayed July 2006
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed January 29, 2006

I have stayed at several Hampton Inns in several different locations and they can be hit or miss in terms of quality. I thought that this one was above average in terms of cleanliness and hospitality. The room we had was very clean and the mattress was of higher quality than I was expecting.

We saw the religious literature that a previous reviewer mentioned and we too thought it was out of place in a major chain. But it didn't affect our stay one way or the other.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business