“Stay was as expected”

Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Salina
Dallas, Texas
“Stay was as expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn on a business trip in late September. The Hampton Inn was functional, and my experience was as expected. The hotel is in a good location (next to the highway, but not too close; near restaurants), but quiet.

Check in - quick and efficient (even with signing up for the Hilton rewards program). Check out took longer because of computer issues.

The room and bed were both comfortable, but spartan. I had some trouble maintaining a steady comfortable temperature (but that is common in hotels).

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, especially for a quick, overnight stay (there is an indoor pool, so I can imagine this would be a huge selling point for families with kids).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

A nice hotel excellent service, very clean. Staff really went out of their way to make all guests requests happen. There seemed to be adaquete parking available, and the location was very close to several restaurants . both franchise and locally owned. Staff was able to make very accurate reccomendations for eating out and special attractions.

Room Tip: the staff is very helpfull and really went out of there way
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had an outstanding stay at this Hampton Inn. Although it is an older hotel, the place was spotless and the staff attentive and welcoming! Amanda checked us in, greeted us by name and answered all our questions. In addition, when I mentioned where we wanted to go to dinner, she highlighted a map for us and gave us a 10% off dining coupon. Fresh baked cookies, ice water and iced tea were available in the lobby on our return from dinner. Our king room was averaged sized, yet extremely clean and quiet. The bed was, indeed, heavenly. And the sheets appeared to be ironed! Their laundry must be great!
The morning breakfast was delightful: orange juice, fluffy egg rounds, sausage, and french toast sticks with powdered sugar.
We would return to this Hampton Inn again and again when we are in Kansas.

Room Tip: We requested a room away from the elevator & ice machine -- and that's what we got.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

We drove cross-country last week, and pulled into the Salina Hampton Inn very late. The gentleman working the front desk greeted us warmly, and was extremely helpful and accommodating. The entire hotel, from the lobby to hallways, to the room and bathroom, was very clean. We also used the pool, which very nice as well. The included warm breakfast was typical Hampton: a good selection of foods, and filling. Overall, the stay was great, which is why we frequent Hampton Inns.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New Braunfels, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

We checked in to find a group of auto restorers in the hotel and their slew of vehicles parked in the lot. Upon returing from supper there was nowhere to park so I asked the evening desk clerk where he thought I was going to park for the night. He suggested the Wendy's across the street!!!
I told him this was totally unacceptable and he told me his hands were tied. Their had already been parking problems and they had threatened to sue the hotel if a $20K vehicle was damaged. I asked him about my $50K+ Nissan Armada and he had no reply. He told me I could not park in the fire lane due to regulations and the next morning when I to get my Armada there were 4 cars parked in the fire lane. I was furious and went to ask the day clerk about this. All I got was a blank stare and then was told the manager was not on site. I've stayed at many a Hampton Inn, but if this is the way they allow the "independant owners" to run things I will not stay at another. Do yourself a favor, if you go to make a reservation check out what's happening in the area. Evidently they cater to all night booze parties in front of the hotel, loud revving engines in the wee hours of the morning and dont care about families that travel

3 Thank CJHollandNBTX
Kymberly_Metcalf, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salina, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to bring them to our attention. We strive to make each guest's stay a satisfying one. Our top priority is perfection in our hotel rooms and the service and comfort of our guests.
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed the parking issues with our staff. We are always looking for ways to improve the guest experience and this feedback is very helpful.
Guests are always free to address any noise concerns they have with our front desk staff so we can try to remedy the situation.
We take the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests seriously, as it provides us with the information needed to correct problems and improve on the services we offer our guests. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your comments were used constructively.
Please feel free to contact me by calling the hotel directly at 785-823-9800 or by emailing me at kymberly.metcalf@hilton.com.
Chimney Rock, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

The lobby has recently been remodeled as well as the carpeting in the rooms. The hallway carpet has not bee updated yet, but the staff said that they would begin that in the next couple of days. The rooms were clean and most of the staff was very friendly.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Room has been newly remodeled with new carpeting. Staff is courteous and helpful. Front Desk clerk started the breakfast to ensure that the early risers would have something to eat. Grab and Go Breakfast Bags are available. Easy access off the highway. Quiet room. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Quiet area throughout
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business