“Nice place to stay in Kansas”
Review of Hampton Inn Salina

Hampton Inn Salina
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Reviewed January 14, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and have always had a great room and great service. The staff is friendly and always helpful. The free breakfast is also well stocked with a variety of items.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed November 27, 2007

We loved the Hampton Inn in Salina, Kansas. It is difficult to find a hotel that will accomodate a family of 5 in one room but they were great to work with. The hotel was very reasonably priced. The room was spacious, pristine and the bathroom was gorgeous. The most comfortable beds we have ever slept on at a hotel. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. The hotel staff was most helpful to help with some allergies of our family members. We asked them to book another Hampton Inn a days' drive ahead and they were happy to do so. We are Hampton Inn fans now!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 28, 2007

My family (2 adults & 2 small children) stayed here in Aug 2007 and loved it. We were driving from Tulsa to Denver and used Salina as a half-way stopping point. I selected this hotel based on past experiences with Hamptons and the reviews here. I was not disappointed. The room was great, beds were comfortable and hotel very clean and quiet. It was just what we were looking for.

The hotel's location is great! Easy to find off I-135; next to a gas station/convenience store & Wendy's and across the street from Wal Mart. There were also several "chain" restaurants within a few blocks of the hotel. The continental breakfast was great (like most Hamptons) and even though we didn't have time to use it, I noticed several families enjoying the indoor pool. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank ebra9
Reviewed May 13, 2007

I stayed at the Hampton Inn on Thursday and Friday nights (May 3 and 4 2007). The room itself was quite nice, with updated bed linens. The hotel receptionist was pleasant and the continental breakfast the next day was better than most.

The hotel is right off the highway for easy access. I was pleasantly surprised by it - nicer than your typical Hampton.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2006

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Salina on our way to Colorado. No problems or unpleasant surprises. The indoor pool is good size. Room was clean but a bit on the small side. Bathroom was nice and clean. Breakfast was pretty good. No noise issues. Several decent restaurants are in the immediate vicinity.

• Stayed: July 2006
Reviewed January 29, 2006

I have stayed at several Hampton Inns in several different locations and they can be hit or miss in terms of quality. I thought that this one was above average in terms of cleanliness and hospitality. The room we had was very clean and the mattress was of higher quality than I was expecting.

We saw the religious literature that a previous reviewer mentioned and we too thought it was out of place in a major chain. But it didn't affect our stay one way or the other.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank ArchivesMan
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 15, 2005

Stayed one night at this Hampton, checking out early on Monday morning the 15th. Had not stayed at this property before, but had been to many other Hampton Inns. It is located right off the highway, and will soon have some competition, as a brand new Courtyard is going up next door. It is one of the older Hamptons, but still has the nice curved shower curtain and big mirror on the little closet that I like. There were a few small things that turned me off. When I arrived, I went into the bathroom, and found a used, dirty cleaning rag on the counter. The room itself was tired, with torn wallpaper. The box spring under the mattress was old, stained, and dirty. Plenty of TV channels, but the set is fixed in one place and makes it tough to view from any other spot. It is on a street with lots of gas stations, restauarants, a Wal-Mart and a Target very nearby, in case you need anything. We just needed a place to spend a quick night en route back to CO and did not expect much. However, one thing we could not miss in the lobby was a huge turn off and would prevent me from suggesting anyone consider staying there. This was, right by the tourism brochures, a multi-color display of religious tracts, booklets and brochures, including 8 x 11 coloring packets for kids, warning of the consequences of engaging in a variety of "sins." I found this totally out of place in a hotel, not to mention that I found it offensive (we are a basic, boring married couple, on the AARP side of 50) It also makes poor business sense, as these days, no hotel can afford to turn away good paying cutomers, regardless of their religous beliefs or orientation. I hope the competion next door, when it opens up, will be smart enough to avoid such literature and displays. I did not see it until right before I was ready to go to sleep. If I had seen it before check-in, we would have cancelled the reservation and stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled on business