“Older hotel with a great staff”
Review of Hampton Inn Salina

Hampton Inn Salina
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Stayed here 4 days for business, the furnishings are a little dated. Hotel is very clean and the staff is great. If I am ever back in the area this is my choice for hotels.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed June 19, 2011

Stayed here on a cross country motorcycle trip. Front desk staff, esp. Amanda Little, were very helpful with ideas for food, etc. We were allowed to park our bike under the portico, out of the weather and out of the way of cars.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here one night while in town for her softball tournament. The location was excellent for our purposes, right off I-135, and surrounded by several restaurants (Applebee's, Wendy's, Pizza Hut among others) and stores.
The room was a notch above average. It seemed very clean, with a nice flat-screen TV. Our room did not have a refrigerator or microwave, which I usually really like to have, but we were staying free on Honors Points, so I couldn't complain. I think some rooms in the hotel do have refrigerators. Also, the sink was inside the bathroom, and I typically prefer to have it out, but that is a minor point.
The hotel does have an indoor pool, but we didn't have time to use it. Looked nice though.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Overall, not pleased with this stay. Internet connections were a mess. Advertised as free, but we had to be connected to a tech line and they had to call the hotel to connect us. Not the way you want to spend your vacation, on the line with tech folks.

Also, area for hanging clothes was a joke. It was only a small area and only waist high, so all you could hang up was possibly a pair of pants. Even most shirts would drag the floor.

Won't stay here again and wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Imanana2
Reviewed April 22, 2011

One can almost always trust the Hampton Brand promise, but once in a while a franchisee takes it to the line. Everything about this Hampton is cheap and it feels cheap. From the cheap wobbly round work table to the TV to the furnishings. Cheap. Only one elevator and not a single glass on the property, all foam cups.

I just stayed at a newer Hampton Inn in Carlsbad, NM, which was a full "star" better experience.

On the bright side, the room rate matched the experience. And the front desk staff was polite and helpful. But the experience didn't match the brand. Hampton corporate should check this out.

Room Tip: Avoid a view of the awning
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mimsw
Reviewed November 9, 2010

I have stayed at this particular hotel approximately 150+ times over the last 8 years during my business travel to McPherson (I won't stay in McPherson, but that's for another review).
I find that they charge a fair price for a fairly appointed room, and on the very few occasions (like 2 or 3) where I had an issue (usually the remote not working) they have been attentive.
Internet works, beds are comfy, hotel is usually quiet -- that's all I need. Only complaint, no bagel toppers at every breakfast!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I usually like the Hampton Inn chain since the quality, cleanliness and hospitality is typically consistant across the chain. For a mid-priced option it has bee reliable for me over the years.

However that lack of consistancy has caught up with the Hampton In Salina.

Upon check-in at only 7:30 pm there was exactly 1 employee on duty. In looking for someone to get me checked in another guest was nice enough to let the employee know I was looking for an employee to help me. Once I got to my room there were some dirty plates with half eaten food still on them and empty glasses. The bed and the rest of the room was made up but if those items were left out I was curious, did the maid actually change the sheets or was the bed only made up?

The next evening (yes, on my second night) I picked up the ice bucket and there was water along with a cup and straw inside. The maid had not checked this in at least 2 days. YUCK!!!!

I also wanted to warm up some food and once I plugged in the mircowave it didn't work either.

I reported all the issues to the front desk and I hope they will take some action.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business