“dirty room”

Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Holts Summit, MO
“dirty room”
Reviewed June 29, 2009

The suite that I paid for was dirty. The carpet was so disgusting that the bottom of my 2 year olds feet were black after walking barefoot on the carpet for 15 minutes. The Jakuzi in our room was full of hair. My wife stepped on a staple sticking up from the edge of the carpet. I would not recomend this hotel to anyone.
I do recomemend staying at the Country Inn and suites in Salina. It is a couple miles of the interstate, but well worth the drive.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Kansas
Reviewed April 1, 2009

Decided to stay here for a night. The walls are thin, you can hear everything! This is by a truck stop so if you want to sleep past 530 am, this isn't the place to stay. Between the trucks and the garbage man and the people in the other rooms, who could sleep? It was clean and the staff were very friendly but sleep to me was the most important thing.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
502traveler
Reviewed March 9, 2009

The Holiday Inn of I-70 is a great place for a quick overnight simply because of it's proximity to the interstate. The staff was very friendly and breakfast was great, however, I found the bed to be one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever slept on. There is not much for noise insulation either, I could hear whispers from the adjacent room! If it weren't for the super friendly and helpful staff, this would have been a much harsher review.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Kansas
Reviewed March 8, 2009

This Holiday Inn Express is getting older, but is OK for our purpose. We like to stay here when we are attending the Smoky Hills Winery events, which is located about 2 miles north.

The room was clean, the staff was very friendly, and the breakfast was really better than most of the other hotels of this caliber. We had hot and cold items -- scrambled eggs, hard-boiled eggs, bacon, sausage gravy, biscuits, cinnamon rolls, bagels, muffins, cereals, yogurt, fruit, coffee, juice, etc.

The a/c in the room helped to drown out the noise from the hallway. Some people just let their children run wild with no parental supervision. At least it quieted down after 11:00 pm. Next time, I will ask for a room away from the vending machines and not on the same hallway as the pool. All in all, it was a fine stay, and we will no doubt stay here next time.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KansasHummingbird
Colorado
Reviewed November 30, 2008

This hotel, as others have said, is right next to a truck stop and pretty close to the I-70. You don't really hear any noise from the truck stop, but you can hear the I-70 somewhat. Still the noise is not overpowering and we had no problems sleeping. The room was just fine, clean and big enough and the price was reasonable. Access to your room is from inside the building and they do take pets for an additional change of $10. Breakfast is a hot breakfast as well as standard continental fare. It's good enough to get you going. If you're just passing through Salina and you need a room for the night I think this hotel should fit the bill.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank meugo
Texas
Reviewed August 7, 2008

It was clean and the front desk was very nice and helpful. High Marks for the staff. The location is right next to a truck stop but we never heard the trucks. We did hear a lot of hall noise and the walls were thin as well. It is an older hotel and very long in the tooth it could really use an update. We passed what looked like a new H.I. Express in Hays WY about 100 miles to the west. In hindsight it might have been a better choice. There was also a nice looking Country Inn and Suites there in Salina. For the price $100 it was OK. Would I stay there again. No probably not.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — old and dingy
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 31, 2008

My husband and I stopped here around midnight on a road trip across the country. The surrounding area and other hotels didn't seem incredibly nice, but the Holiday Inn Express was acceptable. The front desk clerk was exceptionally nice, and he was very patient with me when we had to change rooms at 1 a.m. due to our inconsiderate neighbor who didn't try to stop her baby/toddler from screaming in the hallway outside our door. The new room was quiet.

The bed was comfortable, the variety and quality of the pillows were excellent, the shower head and water pressure were fantastic, and the room was clean enough. I did find some hair pins on the floor near the desk which completely grossed me out, but I was too tired to care much.

Breakfast was adequate, although the no-name cereals weren't very good. There seemed to be a nice variety and it was very clean.

While this was far from the nicest hotels I've stayed in, if I ever have to drive across Kansas again, I would probably stay here in a pinch.

• Liked — Great customer service
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple