“Nice stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Salina
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We chose this motel, mainly because of past experience with LaQuinta, price, and Tripadvisor ratings. We were not disappointed. The beds were comfortable, the room was of a good size. Had a stove (microwave) and refrigerator. Everything appeared to be clean. The breakfast was very good. Better than usual. Some of the items such as eggs, biscuits and sausage gravy almost seemed homemade. There was bacon which was also pretty good, but for the life of me, I don't know how anything besides paper can be cut that thin. I could read the newspaper through it.
The only real complaint was the internet speed. I'm not sure that double dial-up speed should really be considered high speed. But at least it did work.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Very comfortable experience for overnight on a road trip.It is a great hotel experience for this price, and they are truly pet friendly. Did not use the exercise equipment so cannot comment on that part. Would gladly stop there again.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

When I got home I realized I forgot my Ipod charging cord plugged into the wall behind the bed. I called 2 days later and the employee found my cord. She is sending it to me no charge. What wonderful customer service! I expected to pay the shipping. Above and beyond the call of duty.
Our room/bathroom was clean and cozy. The bed, pillows and blankets were so comfy I didn't want to get up the next morning. I think the highlight was def. the bed.
The continental breakfast left something to be desired but aren't they all that way? A non-meat or lactose free milk option would have been nice. I had a banana and yogurt. The fruit was good.
Thank you for the good nights sleep. And special thanks to the awesome employee sending me my forgotten cord.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Pet-friendly hotels are hard enough to come by; try having standards like a expecting a clean room, clean carpeting or the most extraordinary of request, a clean smelling room. I'm not talking about disguising the scent. I'm talking about smelling deep down clean. The Salina, La Quinta had NO difficulty with these requests! It was clean, refreshing, and and the rooms smelled beautiful! I could not detect, except for owners walking their pets outside, that the hotel allowed pets. Definitely the place to stay in Salina!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

This motel was nicely appointed, clean, very reasonably priced and easy to get to. The breakfast was nice, the staff very friendly and everything was in good working order. And they let pets stay free.
It is in the top of good places to stay for us and we have stayed in a lot of motels!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have stayed here twice, and it is a pleasant hotel to stay in. The room was clean, and the staff was helpful when we asked for a plate and bowl from the breakfast area. We have a small dog and enjoy the fact that La Quinta doesn't charge for pets who behave...ie. they don't destroy the property. The breakfast is a treat with more to offer than coffee, waffles, cold pastry, cereal, etc. Their hot food bar has eggs, sausage, biscuits, and sausage gravy; everything was delicious. We will continue to stay here as we travel between Missouri and Colorado to visit family.

1  Thank TravelerSkier