“"I am the assistant's assistant general manager of the day shift..."”

Salina Ambassador Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Keenesburg, Colorado
“"I am the assistant's assistant general manager of the day shift..."”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Dirty nasty sheets... like made me wanna take a shower after sitting on the bed college kid party the night before kind of nasty. And an offer of "we can bring you new sheets and you can change them"... uh no thanks. So got moved to a new room with a broken air conditioner! Told the lady when I checked in that I wouldn't be able to check out the following day till 1pm, and she said that was fine, but upon returning to the hotel at 1, was told that my room had already been cleared. So I asked for my belongiongs back and THEY STOLE MY SHAMPOO, FACEWASH, VICTORIA SECRETS PERFUME AND JEWELERY!!!! When I asked for a manager, I got "I'm the manager." Really??? "Well, the assistant general manager of the day shift." Ugh. Finally got the GM's name and number from her, although I don't know if it was the real one, because every time I call and ask to be forwarded to the manager, I get hung up on. Stay Classy Ramada Salina.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Carrie B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Wamego
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Started out with clean sheets and pillow cases but the comforters were filthy. Stains on both sides on both beds. Wash cloths and towels were yellow and stained as well. The heavy curtains that are for privacy, looked like had wine stains on them. If your brave and have a strong stomach, go ahead and look behind fridge, TV stand and under desk. They have not been cleaned behind in some time. Off to the pool we go. Where it isn't dirty, no one knows. The stairs up the slide were very dirty and even had moss growing on a couple of them. Yes, moss! Green! The traction mats around pool haven't been cleaned under for a long time. Very dirty underneath. You can see right thru them to the dirt. Paint in pool area chipped everywhere you look. We were there for meetings and the meals were horrible. Our beef brisket was 1/2" thick, dry, tough chunks of roast.
And bottom of enchiladas were so hard couldn't cut with a knife. If you go in the bar there, the wait staff is not good either. Had to track down waitress at least once an hour to get a refill and took over an hour to get a kids pizza that is supposed to take 8 minutes. I will not return!

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Joe W
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 20, 2014

It was home away from home especially with traveling with 3 small children and was just stopping through for rest. Room was nice and clean along with the hotel. Front desk helpful and polite. Pricing was prefect for my budget, would most definitely stay there again and refer to friends and family traveling through.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
washington
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

The board rooms and conference center are nice and large. They do have large pool area. Though the breakfast wasn't very good and it was very stuffy in the hotel if there wasn't a conference there we wouldn't have stayed here the rooms were clean but also stuffy

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Grove City, Ohio
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I traveled from Ohio to pick up our son for the holidays, and found this hotel to be very nice, in spite of the previous negative reviews. We found the hotel to be clean, warm and pleasant. Yes the hotel is a little dated, but we did not find it to be as bad as other reviewers stated. The beds were very comfortable and we were able to get a very good night sleep.The staff was very pleasant. We are returning to Salinas to bring our son back and will be booking another night here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Alton, Kansas
Reviewed December 24, 2013

x-mas shopping all day, was tired and ready for a drink, also had my dog with me so decided to spend the night, big mistake, should of sucked it up and drove 2 hrs home. this place is literally falling apart, room had weird smell, too hot to sleep, advertised 39.00 rooms, well that turned into 49 plus charged me 25 for my daschound. over 80 bucks for a dump. wont happen again

Room Tip: none good luck if you stay
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank kshillbilly
Salina
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The service was good; the staff were ambitious and busy. I was disappointed in the cleanliness of the room, noting cut hair on the bathroom floor and a pink stain on the bathtub which I wondered what it was.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank D P