“This hotel is no longer a Ramada”

Salina Ambassador Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I arrived and found out my Ramada Reservation was now at a Ambassador Hotel. This place needs and is going through a renovation. Stay somewhere else until it is done. They have a indoor pool off the lobby. The humidity turns to mold enough said. My room the floor was wet because they just cleaned the carpets and there was no place for the moisture to go! Dark lighting helps hide the biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Coffee is free and available all day and the staff wants to do the right thing and they work hard. This is not a people issue it is a management issue

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jan M
There are newer reviews for Salina Ambassador Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was traveling through the area, I found this hotel on a major street and booked a room based on the price on the flashing sign. I checked in and was given a room across the courtyard from the pool and restaurant. The room was clean and comfortable, but the restaurant was closed at 5:00 pm. The garbage cans near the rear entrance was overflowing. the cans appeared to have been full for an extended period due to the smell.

Room Tip: Get a second level or higher room near the front
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

rooms smell (had to buy candles for rooms just to be able to stand odor) half the a/c's don't work deadbolt on door was broken shower was just nasty advertised sauna does not work no air at all in the workout room you could not pay me enough to get in the pool there...............

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was a little surprised about so many bad reviews about this place. I stayed here with my elderly father and we were both very satisfied. The room was clean and comfortable with a friendly staff. The location is okay. It's close to the freeway but not a lot of restuarant selections. They have a nice lounge at this motel though. The only thing we could see room for improvement on was the breakfast. It wasn't bad but somewhat basic as you have to pay to get some different food items (like bacon or other hot food). I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stopped in for the night. The first room we were given the door wouldn't open. Our next attempt the room was a lot nicer than we were expecting. They are fixing the roof and that was annoying but we were warned in advance. The ice machine was next to impossible to find. However, the staff was friendly and helpful and we generally enjoyed our stay.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. Dirty & disgusting. Our room smelled like mold. The was black mold in the shower. Bed, linens & towels were stained & dirty. There were unsafe outlets, one hanging out of the wall. There is disgusting stuff on the walls. They didn't come to freshen the room & change the towels. The toilet didn't flush. When we called to ask for a manager to come so we could show the our issues with the room, after almost two hours they hadn't come though we'd called repeatedly. When we finally talked to the night auditor, she was very rude. Although they did move us eventually, the new room was eqully disgusting. More mold, dirty comforters, and urine all over the toilet seat. The ceiling I'm the bathroom was wet & moldy. This is ridiculous.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Nicole S
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Someone had big hopes and dreams when this hotel was built, but it's a lot of hotel to maintain. Unfortunately, the pool in the cavernous open space in the middle of the hotel has dampened everything in the hotel. My friend left a shirt on the floor of our room and in the morning it was damp. I hate to give such a poor review, because the support staff were such lovely people. I slept well, but I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Cross your fingers and hope for the best.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Travelers also viewed these Salina hotels
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Salina
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#16 of 31 in Salina
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salina

Been to Salina Ambassador Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Salina Ambassador Hotel & Conference Center

Address: 1616 W Crawford St, Salina, KS 67401-4581
Location: United States > Kansas > Salina
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Price Range: $42 - $60 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Salina Ambassador Hotel & Conference Center 3*
Salina Ambassador Hotel & Conference Center is centrally located in the State of Kansas. 1 mile from I135 North & South & 2 miles from I70 East and West. We have 192 sleeping rooms with 145' Water Slide, Work out room, Hot tub, Complimentray Breakfast from 6:30Am to 10 AM. O'Malley's Bar and Grill open for dinner at 5PM Sunday through Friday and Saturdays 12PM to close. Will be undergoing major renovations soon. All sleeping rooms will be redone entirely. Installation of a Water Park and Tiki Bar. A full service restaurant and lounge. Additional meeting space to our already 9,000 sq. ft. Additional Family & Executive Suites and exterior changes as well. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Salina Ambassador Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Hotel Salina