“Great Stay”

Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Dallas, TX
“Great Stay”
Reviewed July 16, 2008

We stayed here the last night of a two week road trip. We stayed at several Days Inn along the way, and really enjoyed this one. The staff here was very friendly and the room was clean and had updated furniture. Continental breakfast included waffles, cereal, juices, hard boiled eggs, danishes, bagels, etc. Standard fare. We were late to breakfast so may have missed other items.

• Liked — Location, friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
denver, co
Reviewed April 2, 2008

Loved the hotel. Said they had just remodeled the place and I believed them. Great colors and the staff was very nice. Only stayed the night, but it was great to have a clean place for only 60 bucks.

• Liked — New Decour
  • Disliked — Hotel across the street
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lawrence, KS
Reviewed August 9, 2007

This was nearly the worst room I have ever stayed in. Immediately upon going into to motel, it smelled terrible. Staff was rude and all had children with them at work. Room was very dirty and smelled. Pillowcases weren't even changed. I would have gladly paid another $20 for a nicer hotel room. I didn't sleep more than two hours in this dump it smelled so bad, and like the other reviewer, I am not typically picky.

• Liked — Pool was fairly clean
  • Disliked — The room was disgusting and filthy
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Salina hotels

Grapevine, TX
Reviewed July 28, 2007

Just looking for a place to sleep & shower on my way home, I booked this hotel. From the first minute we walked in, it was a HUGE disappointment.
I'm not very picky when it comes to hotels (especially when I get a good deal), but this place was unreal.
There were SEVERAL problems with the housekeeping of the room we stayed in. Upon entering the room, there were obvious signs this room has not been cleaned appropriately. There was still a dirty t-shirt on top of the clothes rack (from the former tenant). There was a nasty white powder on the entire bottom of the tub. There was a dirty towel still hanging on the bathroom door. There was only one full-size clean towel (for 2 guests - king bed). The cover on the bed was tucked in at one end, and not at the other. After all the other letdowns, when we pulled the covers back, there were several long dark-colored women's hairs on the sheets. UGH!! When we called downstairs (at that time, we had only noticed the dirty towel and film on the tub, the girl (Heather was her name, I think) was extremely agitated that she would have to come up to fix the issues (she was the only one working). I can understand when someone gets overworked and frustrated, but she was downright rude about it. It was a HUGE inconvenience for her, and she made it very obvious in her speech and manerisms. I would NEVER expect this kind of service from a TWO-star hotel, much less from a dump. I have filled out and turned in the comment card with all of my information, and hopefully something will change there soon. But I wouldn't count on it.

• Disliked — lack of cleanliness, housekeeping
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 17, 2006

My wife and I stayed 2 nights (one night out, the other back) as part of an extended road trip to Southeastern Utah.

We've found the Days Inn hotel chain to be increasingly predictable for overall quality and value and the Days Inn in Salina is no exception. A clean, comfortable room for a great price ($59 per night). The best price we could find in the area for a meduim-level hotel. Perfect for comfortable "no worries" road trips.

• Stayed March 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 5, 2005

Just two days after Christmas, my sister and I drove through Kansas on our way to North Carolina and had booked a blind reservation online for the Days Inn in Salina, never having stayed at one before. We arrived very late, around 2am...much later than we expected, but the man at the front desk was very nice about it, said they were expecting us, as I had called earlier in the evening to tell them we were going to be arriving late.

When we went to our room, however, it was obviously a smoking room. As non-smokers, this was not acceptable to us. I asked the man at the front desk if it would be possible to change rooms and he promptly apologized and within seconds gave us a new, non-smoking room with no hassle whatsoever.

While the Inn is not new or fancy, I was very impressed with the kindness and service we recieved, considering we were there so late and our requests could have been seen as an imposition or annoyance. They deserve nothing less than a glowing review.

• Stayed December 2004