WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Days Inn Salina I-70

Days Inn Salina I-70
Days Inn Salina I-70
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Salina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Central Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

The motel room was clean, beds and bath clean. However the carpets were stained with either dirty grime or oil. Most likely from hard working laborers that stay there while working construction etc. Chairs in room had grease stains.

The ceiling had pulled away from the wall leaving a two or three inch gap about three feet long. Not very comforting. Room was quiet, and did enjoy quality sleep.

Staff at check in was awesome. Staff at checkout was below average. Breakfast was OK, except for a large number of flies that kept flying/swarming us. Think of a small room with twenty plus flies.

Ate dinner at Italian Restaurant downtown. Great value, awesome food.

Room Tip: Ask to see room before checking in to determine if your specific room has been well maintained and i...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TSM2500
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

The staff is very nice and the rooms are clean as best as they can be. The hotel is dated and needs a remodel and some maintenance. Lamps were almost failing down due to being broken. Bathtub needed re-glazing or replaced. AC worked fine and the beds were comfortable and clean. Room was very quite even with the truck stop next door, never heard one truck.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Grand Island, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was our 4th year of staying at this motel during a car show there in Salina . Rooms are clean. I realize it is a little dated, but the staff is very friendly and accomodating. Know us by name and go out of their way to get us checked in and settled. Continental breakfast is good, handy locationl Already made our reservations for next year.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Pueblo, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

We were traveling from Ohio to Colorado in April 2012...stopped here for the night...my daughter left her ipad on the bed and we checked out and hit the road for Colorado. About a week later, we noticed the ipad missing so we called the hotel and they still had it at the front desk, waiting for us to call...they tried to call us several times but my fiance didn't tell me that they called and his voicemail wasn't set up. As soon as I called and verified the address, they shipped the ipad to me overnight. I was amazed at their honesty. The rooms met our basic needs and were clean. The room service (ordering extra towls and shampoo) was fast and super friendly. The lady even told us about the tornadoes that were coming the next day so we could get a head start out of town. I was amazed at how friendly the front desk was and the personalized service we received. It's hard to find an inexpensive hotel with good, friendly, personal service and comfortable beds and a clean room -- but we definitely found it here! The pool was not crowded at all and it was a neat looking pool, like a cabin. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN INEXPENSIVE PLACE TO STAY THAT HAS PERSONAL SERVICE WHERE YOU ARE SERVED QUICKLY WITH NO WAITING AND VERY HONEST AND GENUINE STAFF THAT REALLY CARE.

Room Tip: No elevators so stay on the 1st floor if you dont' want to climb steps (not that many steps thou...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

We made a reservation on the fly. Not great, I wish I had just kept driving and did not have a reservation. I paid $47 + tax for this $35/night (at best) hotel. It is in a parking lot surrounded by pavement, not a blade of grass in sight. When we first drove up we thought the place was deserted. The checkin was very pleasant, the staff is very friendly. The first room we got was hot with an inadequate ac but they quickly placed us in another room upon request. The ac was updated, but how long will they last since the first room already had a broken one. The ac did keep the room cool on a 110 degree day.

The furnishings in this old hotel had been updated and were modern. The bed was clean and comfortable, updated mattress. The room is large. There is a micro/fridge, flat screen, pod coffee maker. Lots of TV stations and decent internet.

The ceiling looks awful and the front door does not fit the frame. There is light and heat coming in from the gap. Can't be too secure either. The bathroom definitely needs updating. It looks like they are trying to fix the place but it is not there yet.

The breakfast was continental with a good selection of breads and cereals.

Though they are very nice people I cannot recommend this hotel. With more updates perhaps I could.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Salina hotels

texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on our way home to Texas. We were both impressed with the rooms and cleanliness. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012