“Great place for a good nights sleep” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Salina I-70

Super 8 Salina I-70
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Salina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lafayette, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Slow check in process but it was that time when everyone was stopping for the evening. The clerk was very nice even though she was flustered with the check in process for so many people. We were able to get a room on the first floor, which is critical for us. Unfortunately we had a slight problem with the room. The hotel is non-smoking but you could smell smoke in our bathroom also the room above kept their bathroom fan on all night...so the our bathroom was smokey and noisey all night long.

Room Tip: Actually they have a very nice pool area if you are looking for that.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mike R, General Manager at Super 8 Salina I-70, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank for your review. I am glad that you think this is a nice hotel. We do try very hard to please everyone. Because our hotel is completely non-smoking we sometimes get people who do try to smoke in the bathrooms. We do catch most of these situations when this happens and have the room cleaned completely to rid of the smoke smell. However, being human we do miss on once in awhile. Thanks for letting us know and I will do my best to make sure the houskeeping staffs lets us know when this happens so we can professionally clean the room.

Have a great day and hope to see you again on your next trip to Salina, KS

Mike
Smithton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Room 201 (suite) Salina Kansas had a musty smell.

Ceiling exhaust in bathroom had a lot of dust/lint attached to the plastic.

Will not stop there again!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Mike R, General Manager at Super 8 Salina I-70, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
I would like to thank you for choosing the Super 8 here in Salina for your lodging choice:) I am sorry that the room smelled a little musty. We have just finished cleaning the carpets in the hotel and some of the rooms had a bit of wet smell to them for a couple of days. I'm sorry that your room was one of them. I hope you do give us another try when you come through Salina the next time. We really do try hard to please our guest's everyway possible. We take pride in doing a good job of this:)

Hope you have a good day and thanks again for your comments:)

Mike R
Elmira, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Pulled up to this Super 8 later in the evening, as we always seem to do. Front desk service was pleasant and ran by Americans. We booked a double room. Noticed one stair case was out of order. The lady explained they are remodeling and there was a man putting in carpet on those set of stairs. The smell of new wallpaper and carpet was present but not horrible. Glad its getting a face lift, it needs it. Room was clean and bed were a little soft but we were tired and slept well. There's about a 20-25 min drive through the hole town of Salina. It was actually much bigger than we had expected. Came back to our room, and went to the indoor pool for a dip (its open til 11p). Clean and plenty of towels available. Breakfast consisted of cereal, toast, bagels, waffles, and coffee. And access to I-70 is right there. For the $$ its not bad.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying at the Super 8 I-70 here is Salina. I would also like to thank you for your comments. We are giving the hotel a facelift and we all here appreciate our guest's putting up with the work while we are doing it:) I hope you have a good day and hopefully the next time you come through Salina our property will be more up to date. We will see you on your trip:)

Thanks again,

Mike
Topeka
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed one night on our back to Topeka. We will never stay again.
The Kleenex dispenser was empty, the TV remote did not work, and the
bathroom toilet dispenser had no toilet paper on it. Luckily I found an
unlocked roll on a self.
The room has a musty smell which hotel attribute to the new carpet being
laid in the hallway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Mike R, General Manager at Super 8 Salina I-70, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I would like to thank you for staying at Super 8. I am sorry that your stay was not what you thought it should have been. We do really try hard to please everyone that we possilby can. I have talked to the housekeeping staff about how important it is to make sure that all the items that are needed in the guest room are there. We always have to train and retrain. Once again, I wished you stay would have been better and hope you decide to give us another chance to prove that we really do try hard:0

Thanks,