“Comfortable, clean and good light for reading”

Super 8 Salina I-70
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Salina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Colorado
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I write this review knowing I don't expect much from a SUPER 8; typically decent place with a decent price. This location is below average and I wouldn't stay again. The lock on the door is barely screwed in, several lights are burned out, it smells funky in the room, the towels were stained as were the sheets, the mirrors are covered in dust/smears/spots. The only positive was the tv was upgraded from the old style.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mike R, General Manager at Super 8 Salina I-70, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
I would like to thank you for your candid review. This hotel has just recently been bought by new owners. We have started a deep cleaning plan that I hope will help the overall concept of our rooms. We have also just ordered new spreads, drapes and headboards, that go along with the new Super 8 theme. I hope you give us another try as we are making great headway in approving the overall appearance of the Super 8 I-70 in Salina, Ks.

Once again I thank you for your comments and appreciate your candor:) It will help us in making this a great place to stay:)

Mike R
Quinter, Kansas
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 1 night in March. Check in was easy. The hotel was easy to find - right off I-70.

We had a large room that had a king bed and a full size couch with a hide-a-bed. The room was a little humid and stuffy when we walked into and I chalked it up to being right above the swimming pool. Once we turned on the a/c, the humidity went down and the stuffiness in the air seemed to disappear.

The room was clean, not over the top clean by any means, but it was clean enough to stay in for the night. The shower was hot and had good water pressure.

Our only complaint was that when I got up in the morning, I turned on the heat as it had started snowing and there was a chill in the room. While the heater was running the room filled with a smell that my husband and I could only describe as smelling like cat urine - not pleasant at all!

The room was cheap and clean and worked for a night's stay. We probably wont stay again because there are better options in Salina.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple