“clean and convenient”

Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Fort Worth
“clean and convenient”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The hotel was very clean, the room was spacious and the beds very comfortable. Room included a fridge and microwave. The breakfast which included make your own waffles, pastries, yogurt, cereal, etc., was above average for similar hotels in the same price range.
Hotel is convenient to interstate.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
KS119GeneralManager, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Familyof32013, thank you for your feedback on our property here in Salina, Kansas. I’m glad you found our breakfast above average for similar hotels and found our rooms to be very clean and spacious for your needs. We appreciated you choosing us for your stay and look forward to seeing you in the future when traveling through Salina, Kansas. We you and your family all the best.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I had been quite loyal to the Choice chain for a while; to the point where I actually reached their Diamond status in 2008. Ever since, I've noticed that a lot of their hotels have been "aging", or, in other words, haven't been kept up to date. It's made me check out other brands, and is the reason I won't step foot inside a Days Inn. Lets hope Choice and their franchisees can stay off that path. That being said, being dated is the prime drawback I've found at this hotel tonight.

I understand running a hotel is expensive, and renovation is a steep proposition. The good things about this hotel are:

1. Great staff - so far. I'll know more when I check out tomorrow. If I don't update this review, assume they remained as great at check out as they did on check in and calling for questions. A+.

2. Price and location: Can't be beat. Not right on the interstate to the point where there's noise and commotion, but a quick skip down the road. Price point is perfect for the road traveler.

3. Pet friendly. Seems to be more and more rare - but if you ever need this, you know how tough it can be to find a place.

4. Parking seems ample. I've been to many places like this and had to hunt for spots when arriving late like we did tonight. Not a problem here.

So, that being said - the negative is that the place is straight out of 1983. If I owned the place, the first thing I'd do for the most bang for the buck would be to replace the old, thin, funky carpets. Paint the dark wood and replace the old hollow doors.

The in room furniture needs help.

They do have modern TVs and clean beds, as well as fridges and microwaves. They have an interesting and kind of odd giant indoor courtyard - the only way I can explain it. Also volleyball courts - odd. The sports bar attracts some interesting types, but not anything too unsavory. Seems safe and mellow. Some of the patrons can be a little loud it seems but they clearly aren't out to bug anyone.

Specific issues:

1. The outside entrance doors don't appear to lock. I don't think this is a high crime area, but this is the first hotel I've seen in a while where the outdoor entrance card key locks are there, but completely non-functional, yet defaulting to an open versus locked state.

2. I am hearing an odd thump coming from the wall every 30 seconds or so. I don't know what that is. Its 1:30 am. It's been going on for an hour. Sounds like it could be a water pipe. Weird.

Would stay here again if I had to, but hope they can update the place and work on some of the noise issues. Not a dump, not a palace - middle of the road, and that's OK.

• Stayed August 2013
KS119GeneralManager, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Tcp102, thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about our property in Salina, Kansas. We appreciate any feedback as it helps us make improvements to our property. I’m glad to hear that my staff were great. They do a great job in taking care of all of our guests and we appreciate all the front line service they give guests like you. I’m also glad to hear you liked our location and our price was reasonable. We are a pet friendly property as well which is nice for families that are traveling that don’t have the option of boarding. We do have a decent size parking lot which is great for trucks hauling trailers and moving trucks. I would like to let you know that the carpets in the public areas are new and they do have a more retro feel to it. The carpet in the rooms are more of a neutral color and aren’t as decorative as the public areas. So, as far as replacing the carpet I don’t know if you mean the public areas or the rooms. Since we are such a large property, we have disabled the locks on the outside doors due to guest complaints about having to walk all the way to the office if they forget their keycards. I do apologize that you were seeing it as a safety risk. We do have a lot of security cameras on the property and we do have the police go through the parking lot throughout the night just for precaution. We also looking into the thumping noise that was coming into your room and we found out that a toilet was running on the second floor and so would keep flushing every so many minutes but we did get that fix and we appreciate you letting us know. I’m excited for the next time you could to stay with us and we look forward to giving you the same great service.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Room was just ok. Sheets were clean and in good condition and room was "surface" clean but carpet is getting old. Ceiling tiles in bath had some suspicious water spots and the room smelled musty. Worst part was the pink slime mold on the shower head. I sprayed it with some disinfectant that I travel with but it really needed to be soaked in bleach (or replaced). Common areas again were clean but looked old. Free breakfast was very generous in quantity and selection.
Front desk staff was fantastic. Elliott was friendly, helpful, good humored even with 12 members of my family checking in at the same time for a family reunion in town. He gave us a great recommendation for lunch--Martinellis--never expected Italian so good in Salina Kansas.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
KS119GeneralManager, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank You R L for your review, we vaule your feed back on our hotel. We are in the process of renovating all of our rooms. That is not an excuse for your room not being satisfactory to you. We strive in every way possible for our guests to have the best stay possible. I am glad that you had our complimentary hot breakfast. Biscuits N gravy, waffles. fresh eggs cook each morning, hash browns sausage links, and hot or cold cereal. I am glad that our front desk staff was able to help you with all your needs. Elliott is a one of a kind person with his hospitality. When you come back to Salina, Ks I hope you decide to stay with us again, also hope you try Legends bar and grill. With daily specials and USDA choice steaks, they will be able to satisfy any hunger. Hope to see you soon!
Lenexa, Kansas, United States
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Had a great time with the family at this hotel. The courtyard area and pool is great for the kids and the Legends Bar and Grill has some of the best wings and burgers I've had. Definitely a great place with great service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
KS119GeneralManager, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Samir B, Thanks for your recent review. I am very pleased to hear you and your family had a great time, Hear at the Quality Inn & Suites we strive to make every experience the best. Also glad to hear you ate at Legends Sports bar and grill. We hope to see you soon.
Newark,Delaware
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We got the honeymoon suite. It was a nice room but a bit old and warn. But, we can't complain for the price and what we got. We had a heart shaped Jacuzzi in our room. They had an old style TV which added to the dated feeling of the room. It was a quiet hotel so we got a good night sleep. The bed was comfortable. They need to update things here. The breakfast was lacking for our taste too. They didn't have any bagels, most all other hotels we stayed at offered us this.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
KS119GeneralManager, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
meeta4, Thank you for taking the time to post feedback and pictures regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We currently have flat screen televisions on order to replace those older televisions. We don't offer bagels for breakfast however we do offer english muffins along with all the other items such as sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, hash browns, waffles, cereal and much more. We hope to see you again soon!
Aurora, CO.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Started off wonderful after a long day on the road. The front desk clerk was extremely nice and accomodating. Our chiuahua was even impressed. A tad expensive but very clean. Did the trick in a pinch. Easy to find if you are on I 135, but if we didn't have a Comfort Inns book, we would of never found it from I 70.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker or have an animal, the rooms facing the courtyard are the choice as they have sl...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ks119, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Debbie P, thank you for your feedback on our property. We greatly appreciate it. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you and your pet. I’m also glad you enjoyed our friendly front desk staff. They try their hardest to accommodate all of our guests’ needs. We hope you will choose us again when coming back through Salina, Kansas.
Salina, Kansas
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Advantages of staying at this property are the attached restauant and bar, and arge indoor area, but if you are looking for realiable swim pool or hot tub be fore warned. I visited this property in April 2012, November 2012 and again in March 2013. Each visit was met with diappoint over amenities. The first visit was a two day stay in the honeymoon suite. On the second night of the stay our in room juccuzi became inoperable. The staff did offer a discounted rate. On our second visit we arrrived to find the hot tub in the pool area was not working, shame on me for not checking ahead. My last visit in March 2013 I called ahead the day before arriving checking on the hot tub and was told the pool area was fuly functional. Upon arrival I was told the the hot tub was non-operable due to water in the electric motor.

Room Tip: For Family stays ask for a room next to the courtyard
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ks119, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
William A, thank you for your feedback on our property at Quality Inn & Suites in Salina, Kansas. I’m sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay. We have done a lot of work with our pool area recently. We have repainted the pool and made some changes in the chemical as well. We have also done quite a bit of work on the hot tub by working on the motor, installing new jets and lights. So the next time you choose a hotel in your hometown of Salina, Kansas, I would encourage you to give us another shot since we have done a lot of work in that area. I would also like to explain that when guests don’t abide by the pool and hot tub regulations such as the number of people in the hot tub it does affect other guests. There is a safety system on the hot tub where if there is water overflow due to too many people being in the hot tub the motor will shut off due to the safety of the hot tub occupants. This requires the motor to completely dry before the hot tub will turn on again. I do apologize for this and we are working on ways to monitor guests better in the hot tub to ensure it doesn’t overflow and get the motor wet. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you choose to stay with us again.