“blizzard”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Salina
Reviewed February 25, 2013

we had to stay at the quality inn & suites in Salina,Ks ib 02-21-13 due to the severe weather,the road we were traveling was closed. I was informed at check in of the price of the room, I ask about a pet fee.My family and I stayed at the hotel.The room and atmosphere was really nice. The gripe that I have is the manager raised the price for the night for people staying there, and I couldn't use my hotel discount. I think it is terrible that the manger would raise the price,at a time like this, when people couldn't help that the weather was like was,people were in need and the hotel took advantage of it to line its pockets. The other gripe that I have is when I ask about the pet fee,clerk stated there was a deposite of $15., I checked with my family and we decied to stay here, when I paid for the room the deposite was not on it, when i got home and s/w discover the fee was on there seperately. I didn't mind paying the deposite,but the way I understand it a deposit, is refundable if no damage,and there was no damage. I was told by Elliott at the inn on 02-25-13 that it was not refundable, So if you stay here. Watch your money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
ks119, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

becki c, thank you for your feedback on our property. We appreciate any feedback about our property. Overall, it looks as if you rated us highly on location, sleeping quality, rooms, and cleanliness. It looks like you rated us average on value and service. I’m a little confused with those rating below and how you could have rated us so low overall. I do also apologize that the room rates were a little higher than average but it wasn’t due to the weather and closed roads. There was limited availability that day due to a State Wrestling Tournament in town which filled a lot of hotels in Salina, Kansas. So, I do apologize that you believe we raise the rate to take advance of stranded guests. But, that wasn’t our intent at all and I hope after reading this you will understand that wasn’t our intention and I feel horrible that you took it that way. We do charge a $15 pet fee which is standard for most hotels to charge a fee and not a deposit. The reason for the pet fee is because housekeeping has to clean the room with special chemicals and has to do extra labor to ensure that the pet hair and dander is completely out of the room before the next guest arrives. Upon looking into your reservation, I discover that upon check-in you did ask about a pet fee however didn’t claim the pet and fill out the appropriate paperwork. After you checked out of the room, housekeeping found that in fact a pet had been in the room. Usually when a guest doesn’t claim a pet on check-in and fill out the appropriate paperwork then there is a $50 pet fee however according to our records we only charged you the $15 pet fee instead of the $50 pet fee. Therefore, I believe we have been very accommodating with not charging you the entire fee and I hope that you understand we weren’t trying to take advantage of the situation in regards to all that is listed above. I would also like to thank you for reviewing our restaurant Legends Sports Bar and Grill. I’m glad you enjoyed the food and your wait staff. The staff does an amazing job in the restaurant which is nice to have located on our property.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The staff was very caring when they found out we were there for my elderly parents who both are in the nursing home now and not well, they made sure we were aware of affordable pricing and also were very flexible with our stay. We enjoyed the morning breakfast bar and coffee.

Room Tip: We travel with our dogs, and they have a perfect area for them & also our room had a sliding gla...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

bkdisney911, thank you for your feedback on our property. We greatly appreciate it. I'm glad that you found our staff very caring. They do a great job treating guests like family and trying to accommodate their needs. So, I'm really glad so many guests have recognized it and posted it here on Trip Advisor. It is so good to hear that you also enjoyed our breakfast buffet and coffee. I hope everything goes well for you and your family and that you have a safe trip back home. Please stay with us again the next time you are in Salina, Kansas. We would love to be able to accommodate you again.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great place to stay we actually got stuck here during a snowstorm. But with an in house restaurant and bar we got to watch basketball games. Eat great food like steaks. The front desk was excellent with all service.

• Stayed: February 2013
ks119, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Bbiff, thank you for your feedback on our property. I'm sorry to hear you got caught in the storm but I'm glad to hear you found our facility to your liking with the food and staff service. I also hope you got to enjoy our indoor heated pool and hot tub. We also offer a complimentary hot breakfast with fresh fried eggs, biscuits, gravy, hash browns, sausage, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and much more. We also have other indoor activities available on the property; such as ping pong table, putt putt golf, arcade games, pool tables and much more. Thanks again for your feedback and hope you have a safe trip back home.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Overall stay was good. We were safe, warm and comfortable. The staff were all very friendly, and accomodating. It was nice to have the restaurant under the same roof so we didn't have to venture out to get food since the weather outside was cold and nasty. Since we were stranded due to a blizzard outside it was nice having the pool, putt-putt golf area, and pool table, ping-pong etc. for entertainment. The only negative I would have is that the rooms need a little updating. Closet door in our room was broken, rugs definitely needed either replacing or a very good cleaning, curtains in our room were coming apart ie hems coming out etc., however bedding and towels were clean which was a plus. Microwave and frig in the room also a plus. Free complimantary popcorn and coffee helped to make our stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Carole F, thank you for your feedback on our property. We greatly appreciate it. Glad to hear that the staff was very accommodating and friendly. I'll also look into which room you stayed in as well so we can look at getting that closet door fixed and the carpet cleaned and thank you for bringing it to our attention. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary popcorn as well. We hope that you have a safe trip and made it back home safe. Think of us the next time you travel through Salina, Kansas.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed on 1/27/2013, I would have to say that it was a great stay. When we checked in the front desk clerk was very inviting. She was almost treating us like we were family she haden't seen in years (lol). She told us that they have a resturant on site in door swiming pool, hot tub, arcade, putt putt golf course, and the best of all ping pong table. The room we got was room 105 Very Very roomy and right off the court yard. The beds were very comfy and the bathroom was very clean. pet peev of the wife. The only bad thing I have to say about the hotel is they would not let me play beer pong. (lmao) With all of that said I would love to stay here again when we are travling by Salina.

Room Tip: The best room is 105 but I am sure they all are about the same.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
ks119, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Jim D, thank you for your feedback on our property. We greatly appreciate it. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m also glad to hear that you found our front desk staff inviting and treated you like family. They really do a great job with customer service and go out of their way a lot of times for our guests. It is great that she also informed you of our restaurant, swimming pool, hot tub, arcade, putt putt golf course and ping pong table. I hope you got to enjoy them all with the wife too. We get a lot of compliments about our beds and bedding. I’m sorry we couldn’t allow you to play beer pong out in our Courtyard however you are more than welcome to due it in your sleeping room. Also, glad to hear that the rooms were to your liking with being clean and spacious. We look forward to having you and your wife come back and staying with us again.

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Quality Inn last evening. I received excellent service this morning as. I was checking out by Elliott. He was very knowledgable of the area, and helpful in all my questions I had. Very outstanding employee. The rooms were very clean and everything very accessable . I will definitely stay there again when I am traveling thru.

• Stayed: January 2013
ks119, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

cac1954, thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate your feedback. I'm glad to hear that Elliott provided you with outstanding service during your stay. We hope the next time you travel through Salina you will stop back at our property. I hope you also got to enjoy our complimentary popcorn upon check-in as well as our free hot breakfast. Thank you for bringing your furry friend, Freddy, your little Scottish Terrier. Elliott really enjoyed him upon check-out and giving him our free doggie biscuits. Thanks again for all your feedback.

Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Let me first say that I said the next time I am in salina ks I was going to stay on another hotel...... I am a choice privileges member and when I saved up some of my points I got a free night. So I decided too stay at the Quality inn and suites. What a good idea. They upgraded me to one of there suites. Heart shape tube, had two rooms bedroom and living room, very clean. I also had a sliding glass door that went right in too the pool fantastic!!!!! They also have a bar on site I think it was called legends great place to watch the game and have a drink...and the food is really good also.

• Stayed: December 2012
ks119, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Hwylife, thank you for review on our property on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate it. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed one of our Honeymoon Suites. I'm also glad to hear that my staff was able to accommodate you with an upgrade as well. Thanks again for your review and hope you have a safe trip.