“Best hotel of our whole trip”
Review of Courtyard Salina

Courtyard Salina
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Salina
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I almost didn't stay here because it costs about $20 more than neighboring hotels... but it was absolutely a $20 well spent.
By far the nicest front desk employees and service individuals. Rooms are a little bigger, bathrooms are much bigger than average, stairwells are carpeted and usable!, restaurant wasn't fancy but had lots of healthy, tasty options (although no free breakfast), and there is a Starbucks in the hotel. Too many positives to note and not a single negative. I secured the last room and wasn't at all surprised to hear they tend to fill up every night with business and leisure travelers.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 520shari

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Returning home from a Colorado trip, my brother, a friend of his, and myself decided to rest for the night after a long day of driving. About 100 miles from Salinas I called this hotel and asked if if there were any rooms available, and the clerk said there was, and I could just show up. We arrived at 5:30AM, and planned to stay until around 10:30AM, just long enough to get some decent sleep for the next 15 hours of our long drive. The graveyard clerk, who was very pleasant, clearly and undeniably stated, several times, that we would be billed a half day rate. I have done this many times before at Marriott properties around the country when on long road business trips without problem. She even made sure to put it in the computer as such. Upon checkout, I am told by the rudest, most surly hotel clerk I have ever encountered that I am to be billed the full amount. I suspect She must be the proprietor's daughter or something because of Her unprofessional, non-customer service oriented attitude. She goes on to accuse me of lying about the previous clerk telling me I could receive a half day rate, insisting that "This is not that kind of hotel", and that I must be lying. I admit that I got very upset, as never in 25 years have I ever been treated this way by a customer service representative. After having been literally robbed $60, I will NEVER stay at another Marriott property EVER again, which is a shame because I travel a lot and these Marriott courtyard motels are quite nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank James L
Michelle J, General Manager at Courtyard Salina, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Tag L: As I think TripAdvisor is a great tool for travelers to use I also feel it is a great tool for the hotel to respond to positive and negative reviews. I happen to hear the conversation you had with the Assistant General Manager the morning of your checkout in which she did explain the hotel does not and has never had a day use rate. I was also able to hear your statement to her in the lobby around other guests in which you stated "By the way I have Aids and bled all over your sheets" and then you walked out. We are an award winning hotel for our outstanding service, however, that does not mean we allow our associates to be treated with complete disrespect and unprofessionalism. We consistently go above and beyond for our guests because they are our top priority. We will, however, not take personal attacks and abuse to our associates. It is probably in everyone's best interest that you choose to stay elsewhere besides a Marriott. We want our guest to enjoy a professional and peaceful enviorment and this was not a situation that was enjoyable by other guests that had t be witness to your behavior and complete lack of respect for those guests.

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend. It was perfect. The room was so well decorated and roomy. The bed slept very well. The lobby staff was super friendly-both the Saturday night crew and the Sunday morning crew. The bistro and lobby area were well decorated and comfortable. It looks just like the pictures. Workout room and pool were clean and impressive. Fire pit outside was a nice touch. We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank David T
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I were the poster children of two weary travelers. We just pulled in and stopped without checking Tripadvisor and were not disappointed! As we entered the hotel room, we immediately saw a small lit artificial tree ... a very nice welcoming sight. Everything about the room was modern, yet peaceful! The microwave and refrigerator were tastefully placed in a nook. In fact, I almost missed it. Loved the bathroom set up. The vanity and toilet were separated by a half wall. The shower had a sitting area at the back of the tub for people who have trouble standing in the shower or sitting in a tub. The only thing I missed was a mirror outside of the bathroom to use when the bathroom is occupied. Perhaps Courtyard will add it at some point? Staff recommended a delicious meal at a nearby steakhouse owned by locals. They even gave us a coupon for a free dessert or appetizer. We returned to the room, put on our bathing suits, and relaxed in the hot tub. The hot tub's temperature was just right. Upon coming back to the room, we crawled into bed and promptly fell asleep in a very comfortable bed with luxurious sheets. As exhausted travelers, this hotel offered us just what we needed. If we ever have the opportunity to stop again, we certainly would! Simply wonderful!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RussandAnne
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for a one-day convention. Their recent renovations are very nice. The staff was great and the room was very comfortable. Ate breakfast at the Bistro restaurant, it was very good with a nice selection. Our board members working on the conference details did note some frustrations in getting the technology to work in the conference room and not a lot of help from staff. All in all, though things worked out and we had a good experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ksdreamer
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have stayed at the courtyard Mariott for a few times and it is an easygoing and pleasant hotel to stay. The staff are really supportive and tried to help me in a good restaurant choice. The facilities are allround. The rooms are spacious and well equiped.
Breakfast is organised in the lobby and has a homey feel. Good old fashioned american breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Henkie10
Reviewed March 26, 2013

As a Marriott Rewards member I chose the Courtyard because it is a Marriott property. Room was okay, typical Courtyard room. Bed was quite comfortable. I'm not a Bistro fan but ate breakfast there and the staff was really nice and accomodating. The lobby is spacious and comfortable. USA Today and local newspaper available every day. Housekeeping staff was efficient and friendly Had some issues with the bill but they were resolved after 3 days and numerous calls. Close to restaurants, WalMart, and gas station. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third (top) floor as you can hear guests walking above you. Children there on...