“Don't be fooled by appearances”

Hickory Hut Barbeque
Ranked #3 of 130 Restaurants in Salina
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed August 28, 2010

We read the reviews and aimed for this as a landing spot after a long drive from the Springs to Salina. When we saw the place, we were crestfallen, it looked like a taco fast food joint from back home. Never judge a book by it's cover.

This was some of the best BBQ we have ever had. Rib meat falling off the bone, ham that melts in our mouth, and brisket to die for.

I am writing this two months after visiting the rest. and my mouth is watering. Damn.

Background: We traveled across country for 6 weeks. Two adults and 3 kids aged 12, 7, and 7. Stayed in 30 different motels, ate in dozens of local restaurants and wrote this review after having had time to compare this place with all of the others we visited.

Reviewed August 4, 2010

The ribs, pulled pork, and beans are all fantastic... I absolutely loved the sauce and the slow-smoke flavor in this meat... I always hit the Hickory Hut on my way through Salina...

Reviewed November 10, 2009

I've had BBQ East and West, very few BBQ spots I would give my blue ribbon to, but Hickory Hut sure comes close ... for the most part, I wouldn't eat anyone else's BBQ, but Hickory Hut, I'd have no problem being seen eating at their establishment, because the food is just that good!!! Ribs ... nice and tender and smoked just right, not dry .... baked beans ... WOW, very tastey .... pulled pork sandwiches ... only get them better in Carolina ... and one other place that I won't mention. Thumbs up to Hickory Hut, keep doing it rioght

Reviewed August 25, 2009

This BBQ is amazing. I live in Wichita, and often make the drive to Salina just to eat the ribs, brisket, and beans...all are unbelievable.

Reviewed August 22, 2009

We stopped by, looking for food, while on a road trip to/from LA. What a nice surprise to find really delicious bbq!