“Good Local Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Really the only italian place in Salina. But its the best, by far. Its cheap, fast and good. Very nice environment too.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Loved the food quality and selection. The value was incredible, and service was great. Fed family of five ages 24,23,16 plus mom and dad for less than $70 including a few glasses of wine.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This place has delicious Italian food plus enthusiastic wait staff.
I had the (cooked) spinach for a starter; smooth, fresh with subtle garlic taste; delicious, like I had in Florence! and then pasta shells al dente with shrimp that was fresh and plump, cooked just right (lightly). The vodka sauce was yummy. Servings are really big but they serve 1/4, 1/2 and full portions with prices varying accordingly. I got the 1/4 serving for 1 and I still packed some into a box for the next day so I could have dessert.

I couldn't resist their gelato for desert, so I got a (giant) scoop of cappuchino gelato which had a great texture and flavor (like my favorite Italian place in San Francisco). I would come back and encourage anyone driving near Salina to try this place if you like traditional Italian food.

Since there was a play across the street, the restaurant got packed early (6ish; I had a reservation for 5:30) so I recommend reservations. A woman at the museum told me about this restaurant.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Ate at Martinelli's a couple of weeks ago...the food was delicious, and they have gluten free options.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Found Martinelli's on Trip Advisor. HIE gave us a 10% discount card. Had an excellent meal. Very good service, great server named Scott. Order the Chopped Salad - you can't go wrong but order the smaller portion and split it with someone. We took two cannolli back to the HIE for dessert. They were excellent - freshly made.